1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Dr. Charles F. Stanley Celebrates 50yrs in Ministry.

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by TCGreek, Jul 8, 2007.

1. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

As a pastor, I wonder if some of those who feel the need to be all self-righteous are actually fellow pastors. It sicks me to my stomach to think we can spill so much dirt as believers.

If you have nothing positive to say about Dr. Stanley's 50yrs of ministry, why not keep your comments to yourself. Why not start another post where you can throw your dirt? It is so sicken.

2. Pastor Timothy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Here! Here! TCGreek

3. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    ==Check the FBA schedule, he is listed to preach twice in the next few months (July 8, Oct 28). I don't know how many times but I know that he has preached there at least once in the last year. One of his messages was even aired on In Touch and his books are being sold by In Touch.

==Maybe your right. In Touch may just continue to air Charles Stanley messages. But I could see In Touch slowly moving to Andy Stanley over a period of years and, in my opinion, that is what they are setting up (though I could be wrong).

4. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    ==Truthfully? I think it makes us feel good. Sadly believers are not immune to gossip and holding grudges. We see this in local churches all the time. For some reason divorce is the big no no for pastors. Scripture never says a divorced man cannot be a pastor. There is no reason for him to step down (he has not sinned in this area). Did Stanley change his mind? Yes, after he was asked to change his mind. My last pastor did something very simular. He had a heart-attack and promised to step down if the church felt he could not longer be pastor. The church voted 100% for him to stay on as pastor so he stayed (though he was unsure he could continue).

5. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Because then they would not be comments; they would just be thoughts. Besides, this is another post.

6. luke1616

luke1616 New Member

He went back on his word, since then his word is nothing. No integrity. If a Cathoilic or anyone else did this, don't play games you'd be all over them. God used him for a little while, but not 50 years.

7. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

8. Twizzler

Twizzler Member

Necroposts FTW. Oi.

9. Gershom

Gershom Active Member

Amen to that.

10. Gershom

Gershom Active Member

His word is nothing? Almost laughable. Multiplied thousands along with 50 plus yrs of ministry prove otherwise.

People make me sick.

11. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

I have great respect for Dr. Stanley and have learned much from him. I appreciate his ministry and devotion to God.

12. shadow0421

shadow0421 New Member

I've listened to Charles Stanley for many a years and have really enjoyed his sermons. Some may judge him but people will be listening to his sermons and getting saved for many years after he's gone. I have no doubt God will say "Well done, good and faithful servant".

13. Jedi Knight

Jedi Knight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

God used Dr Stanley to confirm direction in my life many,many times! :jesus: