1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Dr. John Whitcomb

Discussion in 'Creation vs. Evolution' started by church mouse guy, Jul 18, 2018.

1. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Dr. John Whitcomb co-authored The Genesis Flood with the late Dr. Henry Morris in 1961 and that led to a revival of the modern Creationist movement. Ken Ham found the book in a Christian bookstore in Brisbane, Australia, in 1974. The book has sold over a quarter of a million copies.

You would have to say that the book laid the groundwork for the Ark Encounter in Williamstown, Kentucky, a world-class full-size reconstruction of Noah's Ark, by which mankind was saved from the catastrophic global flood of Genesis.

Dr. Whitcomb appeared at the Ark Encounter gift shop to autograph copies of his book a couple of weeks ago. He is now 94 years old and lives in Indianapolis, Indiana.

Ken Ham posted a 15-minute video of the meet and greet book signing on YouTube:

2. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I would much prefer his views to those of Dr Walton!

3. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't know anything about Dr. Walton so if you want to write more.... Actually, I have not read the Whitcomb/Morris book. Dr. Whitcomb taught at Winona Lake, Indiana, but I have never been there either. I was so lucky to have visited Creation Museum and Ark Encounter in Kentucky. I am a YEC.