1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Dr. L. Russ Bush at SEBTS

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by Bible-boy, Dec 6, 2005.

1. Bible-boy

Bible-boy Active Member

Recently Dr. Bush (Dean of Faculty and a SEBTS Vice President) was found to have cancer. He went into the hospital last week for a series of tests after apparently experiencing an occurrence of “Bells Palsy.” Further tests revealed that he has cancer. He has started radiation treatments, and he will meet with the doctors to determine a schedule for chemo therapy treatments as well. According to Dr. Akin (SEBTS President) both Dr. and Mrs. Bush are upbeat and hopeful as things move forward. Dr. Akin also says, "They have been remarkable in all of this and their confidence and faith in our Lord is an example to all of us."

Please pray daily that God would heal Dr. Bush, give him strength through his treatments, and comfort and walk with the Bush family and the many friends that love them so very much.

2. Bluefalcon

Bluefalcon Member

Thanks for this. I love Dean Bush and his wife Cindy is one of the sweetest and most hospitable women I've ever met. I hope Dean Bush can stay with SEBTS for many years to come. All of the big guns teaching there came under his watch.

3. Brother Ian

Brother Ian Active Member

I pray the Lord will see him through this.

4. bruren777

bruren777 New Member

I just prayed for him, his family and his doctors and all other medical professionals.

God Bless.
    In Him,
    Bruce

5. nate

nate New Member

I will be in prayer for his recovery.