1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Drinking water

Discussion in 'Health and Wellness' started by SaggyWoman, Sep 14, 2014.

1. Melanie

Melanie Active Member
    Site Supporter

At the Christmas Dinner, I had my first ever taste of gingered water. Literally crushed ginger and boiling water overall, then chilled. I really liked it as I find water boring, so I have herbal teas as cold drinks. Infused fruit etc is a good option on hot days or for those who find drinking fluids difficult.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Kevin

Kevin Active Member

Everyday I have a minimum of 6, 12oz drinks. They come pre-packaged in a can that says something about Dr, Pepper.

Hey if it is endorsed by this Dr. Pepper guy, it must be good for you, right.

If I am working outside, especially in the summer I do drink a lot of bottled water. Our well water is just to nasty smelling, and funky tasting to drink. On days I just hang around the house I do not usually drink water.

3. Bobbi Jessica

Bobbi Jessica Jesus loves the little children

I've gone through a lot of water phases. 1-2 liters a day. Then I tried distilling my water. Not sure if that did anything. Switched to spring water which I tend to prefer the taste of. I've added lemon, apple cider vinegar, and other things I've now long forgotten. I did the Ayurvedic method of storing water in a copper jug. Now I drink Holy Water with some Holy Ash added to improve some of my health issues. There's a noticeable difference.

Maybe I'll try the ginger water as mentioned earlier. Sounds tasty :)

4. MsGuidedAngel

MsGuidedAngel Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I Drink a lot of water everyday almost 64 oz a day!! I drink ided tea and Kern'd Nectar 100% Natural Juice!!

5. blessedwife318

blessedwife318 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    well I'm working on my 3rd liter today. I joke with my husband that I am a camel because when I drink water I drink a lot. When we go out to restraunts it is not unusual for me to go through 5 or 6 glasses of tea. I really like places that just bring a craft out for me.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  6. Randolf777

Randolf777 New Member

I'm a retired guy going back to nursing school, and I can assure you that you can add H2O from all sources, including coffee and coke. (might not be good for you in other ways -- the coke I mean--not the coffee), but it is intake. Women should get 60 ounces per day and men 80 for optimal hydration. This includes veggies and fruit that have water in them (really). But your best bet is to drink water, coffee (no more than four cups) and tea (all without sugar or artificial sweetner). Your body does very well at regulating its hydration level through the use of ADH anti-diuretic hormone and sodium levels. (long story). Just get 60 for your gals and 80 for you men (weight doesn't matter). ;-)

7. HappyMole

HappyMole New Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I try to drink at least 2 liters of water every day. Otherwise I get headaches and my lips get really dry.