1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Drone Toy For Kids Draws Sharp Response From Amazon Reviewers

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by poncho, Jan 5, 2013.

1. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

The Amazon page for Maisto's miniature RQ-1 Predator Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) has become a sounding board for Americans disgusted with their government's targeted killing program.

The armed RQ-1 Predator drone is a MALE (medium-altitude, long-endurance) UAV system that has been deployed in Afghanistan, Pakistan, Bosnia, Serbia, Iraq, Somalia and Yemen.

Here are just a few of the reviews:

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/drone-toy-for-kids-draws-criticism-2013-1#ixzz2H90VabpM

This is my favorite so far . . .

This is the best toy ever. Finally, I can pretend that I'm a winner of the Nobel Peace Prize! It's like I'm sitting right there in the White House with my very own kill list!

But then there's this one . . .

My son is very interested in joining the Imperial forces when he grows up. He says he's not sure if he wants to help police the homeland or if he wants to invade foreign countries. So I thought a new Predator drone toy would be a nice gift for him. These drones are used both domestically and internationally, to spy on people and assassinate them at the Emperor's discretion. He just loves flying his drone around our house, dropping Hellfire missiles on Scruffy, our dog. He kept saying that Scruffy was a terror suspect and needed to be taken out. I asked him if Scruffy should get a trial first, and he quoted Lindsay Graham, Imperial Senator: "Shut up Scruffy, you don't get a trial!" I was so proud. I think I'll buy him some video games that promote martial law for Christmas.

It was a toss up between the two so I picked the shorter one as my favorite.

#1 poncho, Jan 5, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2013
  2. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

Or:
    I purchased this toy for my child, but would you not know it; the moment I turned my back she was flying it over Iranian airspace. The toy was hacked and captured. I have since asked Mr. A. for it back, but I have yet to see it. All is he said to me was that it was in his yard and now his. I'm going to switch to the one flown over the Vikings/Packers game in hopes that the ones we use on our citizens are harder to hack. Overall great toy.

-POTUS

(From the Amazon site)

3. mont974x4

mont974x4 New Member

:laugh: awesome

4. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

Another one:

My Ritalin®-fueled first grade son thought it would be so much fun to play "Drop the Hellfire missiles". But when he brought it to school, the taxpayer-funded armed guard overheard him say the word "Hellfire" during recess. The principal immediately assigned him to indefinite detention. Then she called the media, and shamed him at the national level. Now he's depressed and taking Zoloft®. Where did we go wrong? Oh well, at least my new husband and I can finally take that 7 million dollar vacation to Hawai'i! Talk about change... "Yes we did!"