1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Duck Dynasty Breaks Cable ratings record!

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Yeshua1, Aug 15, 2013.

1. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Did not know they held to that belief!

Still makes for good viewing, anddo enjoy Jesus being mentioned...

hope they all realise that jesus alone saved them!

2. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

The Mormons mention Jesus a lot too.

Another reason why the Church needs to be careful about what it "gets behind".

3. thisnumbersdisconnected

Questions:

Does that disqualify them from salvation, or just from serving in a Baptist church?

Does that negate their message of Christ as Savior, or just open up a debate among denominations?

Does that mean we as Baptists have to shun them, or just keep in mind they may be a bit confused?

The reason I ask is not to denigrate Baptist doctrine. Trust me, I'm more Baptist than John was. (That's a joke.) I don't agree with baptismal regeneration, but I also believe that Christ is the bond among believers regardless of some erroneous doctrine that may fall into the teaching of some. After all, if a person gets saved and is baptized for whatever reason, what harm has been done? The premise behind the act can be wrong and still not prevent the effect of the grace of God, true or not?

Did Jesus not say of the man who was not "with them" but was "casting out demons in Your name" that "He who is not against us is for us"?

Phillips, Craig and Dean are of the Oneness movement. Listen to their music. Does it reflect that doctrine? I don't think you will find that it does. Their music is edifying to any who hear it, regardless of what doctrine is taught in the church where they worship on Sunday. Or do you prefer to listen only to Casting Crowns, who are all good Baptists?

#23 thisnumbersdisconnected, Aug 17, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2013
  4. SovereignMercy

Faith:
    Baptist
    Dr. Bob, you hit the nail on the head. These guys preach another gospel. Just shows how ignorant so many professing "christians" are.

5. SovereignMercy

Faith:
    Baptist
    The man Jesus referred to was not teaching false doctrine like the duck guys and PCD.

6. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I had a student who visited their church a couple of Easter Sundays ago when Phil was preaching.

The next Monday, I asked my student what he preached on. He said, "Phil preached on the death and resurrection of Jesus and why we need to be saved."

The television show isn't about teaching one's denominational doctrine. It's about the zany (albeit scripted) family time with people who are incidentally Christians and pray together in the Name of Jesus Christ at the end of each episode. The show isn't touting religious beliefs. It's a secular program. I don't see the need for people who don't watch the show to get their knickers in a knot over them.

Relating them to Mormons, Zaac? Please.

#26 Scarlett O., Aug 17, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2013
  7. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Some people just want to be upset about something.

8. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Yep the Mormons do that too.

Mormons pray in the name of Jesus too.

The family touts itself as a Christian family. That's one of the reasons Christians have started watching and telling other Christians they should watch.

I didn't say anything about it not being secular programming. It is indeed secular programming about a family who cals itself Christian while going around teaching the Gospel + baptism= salvation.

Yep. And Catholics too.:thumbsup:

9. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

:thumbsup: and they will make an excuse for why it's okay , like it's secular programming or the show isn't about teaching one's denominational doctrine.

Same sort of excuses that were used to justify supporting a Presidential candidate that is 100% against Jesus Christ.

10. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    au revoir...

11. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

Zaac,

I pity you.

I know you don't care that I do.

But anyone who goes through life with your attitude towards others with whom you disagree is due to be pitied.

12. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

[​IMG] You're right. I don't care

Absolutely laughable considering that just about everyone on this board comes at me sideways because I disagree with their majority POV.

Unless you're speaking to the masses about their abhorrent attitudes towards me and anyone who disagrees with the majority POV, save your pity and hypocrisy for someone who cares because I certainly do not. I can love you just fine and not give a flying hoot or place to anything that you say.:thumbs:

13. thisnumbersdisconnected

Thanks for your support.

You really need to relax and enjoy things a bit more.

14. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do church of christ such as the Duckers belong too teach one must be batized to be saved, that salvation happens in the water itself, or would they see it as one has real saving faith by being willing to have the baptism? They would tend to see it completing salvation act, by one professing/showing true faith by taking that act on?

Did not know the other group was oneness, as that denomination DOES have a false gospel, as they deny the trinity, and have one MUST speak in tongues to be saved!

15. thisnumbersdisconnected

Yes, the first requirement in their gospel is the blood of Jesus. The water of baptism "completes" the act. This is wrong, but it does not displace Christ. It adds unnecessarily to His work. That is why I say, being baptized, for whatever reason, isn't a bad thing. But as to its "necessity" for salvation, that's nonsense, of course.

My questions and comments do not support the false preaching of the gospel. They do, however, point to the truth that the words of Christ can come from unexpected sources. Who knows? Maybe He won't let them write lyrics that change the message of the gospel.