1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Duke Student Columnist: America’s First Amendment ‘Obsession’ Is ‘Expression Of White Supremacy’

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Revmitchell, Jan 20, 2016.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    According to a columnist for the Duke University student newspaper, America’s “obsession with the First Amendment” is really just “an expression of white supremacy.”

“I am thinking about how an urgent and overdue conversation about racism—on our campus and across our country — has been derailed by a diversionary and duplicitous obsession with the First Amendment,” graduate student Bennett Carpenter wrote in university newspaper The Chronicle. “I am thinking about how quickly the conversation has shifted from white supremacy to white fragility — and how this shift is itself an expression of white supremacy.”

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2016/01/20/d...-expression-of-white-supremacy/#ixzz3xnivuB7q

2. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The government should shut down these student newspapers. That is what is so great about Cuba and Venezuela--they shut down their media. Ecuador is also in the process of getting rid of their newspapers.

3. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

The problem isn't free speech or "white supremacy". The problem is the collectivist indoctrination American children are getting in public schools and colleges.

Kids aren't being taught to think, they're being trained what to think.

We don't have an education system in this country. We have an indoctrination system.

#3 poncho, Jan 20, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    What is sad - is that so many people are buying into it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yep.

6. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just when I thought I have heard it all, a new crybaby comes upon the scene.

HankD