1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Duty Faith

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Rippon, Oct 11, 2014.

1. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Bro, its cause we arent going down the same Baptist Missions/ Fullerite path. Isnt it enough they destroy our churches?

2. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Sounds good to me. One of the reasons I will NEVER go through a SB sending agency is they are entirely too bureaucratic for my tastes. They harangue you from sharing the Gospel. And I'm not much for them saying "hey, now we have an opening over (insert country) that we will place you in".

Seems to often run contrary to listening to God and where He leads.

And I just don't think it should cost 80,000 a year to send a missionary anywhere.

3. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Again, I have a beloved Old Regular brother who runs a church on a $10K budget so....:applause::applause:

4. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It shouldn't.
    Do you realize how much $80K a year would come up to, TAX FREE, in the Philippines ?
    That'll be in the area of nearly half-a-million philippine pesos, man.
    Or a little less than forty thousand pesos a month.
    That is a princely sum, buddy.

Most western (some Americans, some Europeans) missionaries that I've seen there before coming to the US live in the main town or the cities, with 4 to 6-room houses, a laundry woman, a house boy, a house maid, drive around in Ford Fiera's (a Ford Truck, stick shift, open driver and front passenger sides, closed sides with an open area for passengers to get off and on at the back), or a Tacoma.
    The local churches they "minister" to, usually up in the hill villages or the smaller municipalities have pastors who barely get by daily, barely able to send their kids to school, have barely no buildings to worship in.

This is a Ford Fiera:
    [​IMG]
    I remember my wife when she was teaching at a college down south, and my kids, went to a church, supposedly "supported" by a foreign missionary, which was by the seashore, and at very high tide seasons, the water came in to the building, all the way to their thighs, and they began and ended worship that way.
    That is not to say it is true of all western missionaries (and some Koreans, as well), but 7 out of 10 (my estimate) that's the way it is.

When my wife fully retires in two years (I am semi-retired, for health reasons), we intend to settle down in the Central or Southern part of the country, and I pray the Lord will open up opportunities for His people and use me to minister to them.

#44 pinoybaptist, Oct 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2014
  5. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    image upload broke. deleted.

6. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There you go name-dropping again. You need to explain yourself. You must be a Sandemanian.

#46 Rippon, Oct 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2014
  7. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    :laugh::laugh::laugh: that will not happen anytime soon:wavey:

8. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "Man's inability does not exempt him from any duty, though the grace of God alone can cure man of his impenitence and unbelief. The lack of grace causes neither...When we see that God is pleased to withhold his grace from some men, he does not condemn them for a lack of grace, but he condemns them for their impenitence and unbelief. Even though they cannot repent and believe without efficacious grace, God is under no obligation to bestow it. To conclude otherwise would lead to an absurdity, i.e. , because man is so corrupt he cannot be subject to the law without the aid of omnipotent power, it can be no sin in him to remain unsubjected to it." (p.96)