1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

E Mail

Discussion in 'Computers & Technology Forum' started by MISSIONARY, Jun 9, 2004.

1. MISSIONARY

MISSIONARY New Member

Two computers with the same email address, but some mail appears on the one an not the other.

Both computers should receive the same mail, right?

Is there a fix?

2. Bethelassoc

Bethelassoc Member

What kind of mail program are you running? If it is a web based mail program (hotmail), you should be able to read all your email from anywhere.

If it is a mail program like Pegasus Mail, which downloads the email to your computers hardrive that you are using at the time, then you won't be able to read it on another computer.

3. Sularis

Sularis Member

Yes and No

see there is an option in most mail programs
    where you actually tell the program to download
    the mail to your computer - otherwise it sits
    on your mail server unseen - unless of course web-based then the rules change

it gets funky and fun

4. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

Most likely, if you are using an email program (i.e., not webmail), you have one of them set to "clean messages off of server" and one of them not to. Depending on which one you check first, you will see some message that you might not see on another.

5. JGrubbs

JGrubbs New Member

Does your email account work with IMAP or POP?

If you are using POP, then you are downloading the email off the server, even if you leave a copy and download again on the other computer, it still won't be synced.

If you use IMAP then you can connect to the server from mulitple computers and keep everything synced up.

6. MISSIONARY

MISSIONARY New Member

POP, so there is no way to get the mail on both computers so I dont have to run from one to the other to see if I have read all my mail.

Please if there is, I need the fix in simple step by step "english" not "computer" language.

thanks

7. Bethelassoc

Bethelassoc Member

MISSIONARY:

How important is it to get the same emails on two different computers?

You can try what Pastor Larry suggested, it should work.

Just make sure that one pc is set to wipe it off, otherwise you'll get backed up on your emails and you'll be downloading the same ones over and over.