1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Easy-Believism and False Converts...

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by evangelist6589, Jul 16, 2013.

1. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    My brother listened to Rock, lived with 2 women, drank to excess (becomming an alcoholic) & became a pastor. He then set out to convert me (who drinks, smoked pot, lived with a women,didn't go to church & listens to rock music). Isperned him. Then he gave me some Cr's...one with George Whitefield sermon 'Method of Grace's...it was that sermon that changed me.

2. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Maybe you shrould study George Whitefield.

3. salzer mtn

salzer mtn Well-Known Member

So salvation in your opinion is just a offer, a plan instead of a person. If every thing about salvation like faith and repentance doesn't come from God then it would have to come from man, so this would make salvation as much of man as it is of God. By this conception man get's as much or more glory than God does. What if i'm cripple and don't have the ability to come to the Super bowl, What if I don't own a car or don't have the money to buy the gas to get there. So you see your example is faulty, Christ not only bought the ticket but supplied the means of getting there.

4. Edward63

Edward63 Member

I agree, that sounds like God's word to me!

“because to you it hath been granted in the behalf of Christ, not only to believe on him, but also to suffer in his behalf:” (Php 1:29 ASV)

“Grace to you and peace be multiplied in the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord; seeing that his divine power hath granted unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that called us by his own glory and virtue;” (2Pe 1:2-3 ASV)

5. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Amen brother:thumbs:

6. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

No I do not listen to one calvinist as I listen to many. Also I listen to plenty of non calvinists. Erwin Lutzer for one. He seems to promote a message that says one can be a homosexual, and fall into sin, yet repent and still be saved. This is true, as God has grace on others and its not because of our works. So frankly I do not know if some are false converts or true believers.

7. DrJamesAch

DrJamesAch New Member

And these are the Godly responses and demonstration of such blameless Christian character. I can't quite find any posts where the Non Calvinists are posting pictures of a cartoon character physically assaulting someone they disagree with. Help me out here, maybe my search function isn't working properly. :thumbs:

8. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do you not take the truth seriously??? Or are you one of those ecumenical types that cares more about "love" and "character" than truth? If so you need to flock to your teacher Joel Osteen for he cares far more about character than truth of which he has zero care.

9. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Looking at your link at the bottom it appears you have allot of bitterness towards James White. While I do not agree with him in several areas, he is a sound teacher. Why the bitterness?

10. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Yes, it is seething with bitterness, which translates into bitterness on BB. I do not agree with all of what James White has to say either, but he is a brilliant man. The issues about his sister and parents were completely out of line. I doubt they would be allowed to be discussed here. They have nothing to do with truth in Scripture.

Why the bitterness? Not sure, but one is getting thrashed by James White. Beyond that, it is self fulfilling prophecy. The bitterness feeds the Calvinist debates here, and the more threads, the more bitterness.

If the bitterness was left at DoRight, his time here at BB might have been taken more seriously.