1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Economically, Could Obama Be America's Best President?

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Crabtownboy, May 22, 2013.

1. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Forbes is a very good business magazine. It helped me very much in the mid-1990's. It pointed me in the right direction several times.

2. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

The President and his economic policies deserve a lot of the credit. Of course, the haters will bite the hand that feeds them, lash out at the one who has help drive a great recovery, because that is what haters do. Trickle down has failed time and again, and the billionaires who run the GOP know this. But get the ignorant to do their bidding under the guise of "get the government out of my life" and using divisive social issues, and they can keep the redistribution of America's wealth to the top percent going.

3. Oldtimer

Oldtimer New Member

It's a fasinating study to observe how some liberals love to use the words "hate" and "ignorance" to support their viewpoints. Oh, forgot to add one.... "racism".

This dumb, hating, conservative doesn't want a hand to feed me. Instead, I want the freedom to feed myself with the fruits of my labor. If I go hungry, it should be because, I failed. That is not the fault of my neighbor. So, don't steal from him, in my name, so I no longer have any inititative to earn my living by the sweat of my brow.

If I fail, through no fault of my own, it is the responsibility of my neighbor to extend a hand in aid. He has far better discernment of the cause of my failure than power seeking liberals who are FORCING my neighbor to do what Almighty God ASKS them to do.

The Bible is clear. If you don't work, you don't eat.
    The Bible is clear. Don't covet anything that belongs to your neighbor.
    The Bible is clear. There will always be poor among us.
    The Bible is clear. Helping widows and orphens is an INDIVIDUAL responsibility.

"The President and his economic policies deserve a lot of the credit."

In closing he will also deserve the "credit" when time to pay the piper comes around. Some of us dumb haters aren't deceived by record breaking Dow Jones numbers. History clearly shows that ballons filled to overflowing with hot air can and do burst.

4. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Post number 3 shows you are exactly correct in your analysis. That post has absolutely nothing to do with the topic of how the economy is doing.

If the economy continues to improve it will prove another problem for the GOP in 2014 and 2016.

I remember back in 2010 when so many were screaming about the economy that I said several times that it was a great opportunity for investors and they would do well to select good stocks at that time. We are in a time of caution now. There are still good buys available, but it will require work, research and analysis.

Remember when everyone is saying sell that is the time to buy. When it reaches a point where everyone is saying buy that is the time to sell.

#4 Crabtownboy, May 22, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2013
  5. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

You win dumb post of the day award. Clinton was deemed a financial genius, and his housing policies were not felt until 13 years later with the biggest financial collapse since the great depression...and he wasn't printing money hand over fist. The economic "boom" today is as artificial as a $3 bill....but keep patting yourselves on the back for supporting this financial "genius".

The fallout from the clown in office now will be the world financial collapse the Antichrist will springboard on.

This thread belongs in the humor forum.

6. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

What has improved besides NASDAQ? Everything is artificial, take off the blinders! Unemployment is not improving, the cost of healthcare continues to skyrocket...and will get much worse next year, the housing market is being artificially hyped as banks and investors buy up reo's, and inflation continues to rise due to QE.

You REALLY need to take off the blinders!

7. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If Obama's policies are so great why is this the slowest recovery ever?

http://blog.heritage.org/2012/11/04/chart-of-the-week-slowest-economic-recovery-since-the-1960s/

Why is his job creation running about 1/3 the monthly job creation rate during Reagan's recovery?

The Fed's quantitative easing is helping the stock market, for sure. Investors are getting nearly nothing for returns in interest rates causing them to buy stocks.

But corporate balance sheets are strong. Profit margins are strong. Earnings are strong. I expect we will see the S&P 500 at 1800 by the end of the year and it will keep going for several years. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Dow at 20,000 in the next five years.

I agree the balloon will burst, they always do, but I don't think it will happen for several years.

#7 InTheLight, May 22, 2013
  8. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Disagree. Corporations are (mostly) profitable, and have been for several years. They are sitting on cash. Their balance sheets are strong. The run-up in the stock market is real, though aided by the Fed. The trick will be for the Fed to figure out the proper timing to ease themselves out of the picture.

9. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The housing market recovery is real. The trend is for there to be plenty of buyers and not enough properties to purchase. All stock indices are up. Unemployment is slowly improving. The real gains in employment won't happen until later this year and early 2014. The stock market always leads the economic curve and employment always lags the curve.

And please show me where inflation "continues to rise"? It's been at it's lowest 10 year run in the last 50 years.

10. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Dow is at an all time high.
    The rest of the stock market has followed.
    This would not have happened if the recovery were not real.

Unemployment is down.
    The housing market is doing well.
    The automobile industry is doing well.

The economy is growing.
    Inflation is not spirling upward.

Face it, under Obama the economy is doing very well.

Forbes is not a political publication. It is a highly respected business periodical. I will take their word over simplistic replies from Obama haters every day.

11. jonathanD

jonathanD New Member

I don't know what things are like at Forbes, but at my house, I've got the highest paying job I've ever had...and I have less in my bank account on a monthly basis. I know many people who are out of work and can't seem to find it. My employer is having to deal with increased insurance costs and make tough decisions about how we will fund them. The DOW is up...I guess that's good. Maybe my retirement account is benefiting. My wallet certainly hasn't seen the "recovery" yet.

12. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The dow is up because the fed it is printing money it shouldn't based on nothing. Nothing real there.

Housing is moving a little. we will see how that plays out.

There are still far to many who are not just unemployed but have completely dropped out of the job market altogether.

Welfare rolls are the longest in history. That says it all right there.

13. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Amen!.......

14. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    The question is - why are they sitting on cash?
    The old adage of "it takes money to make money" is still true - but so is "dont thow good money after bad" and "save for a rainy day".

Lets take a look at the unemployment rate for the past dozen years

15. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Actually, Post 3 is on topic. The poster is simply going to root principles. He is taking the line of Fredric Bastiat. The short version of this position is taxation has the potential to be theft if taxes are simply a vehicle for taking money form one person and giving it to another in the form of individual or corporate welfare.

16. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The topic is the improving economy. It is not about taxes. It is about the economy.

Did I mention, it is about the improving economy.

17. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes because we all know that taxes never has anything to do with the economy. :rolleyes:

18. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If that were true the market would be falling. The market is a lead indicator, not a lagging one. Printing money would mean rising inflation and that is not happening. [Econimics 101]

Sources please.

#18 Crabtownboy, May 22, 2013
  19. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

My wife's a Realtor, you couldn't be more wrong about the recovery. Banks and investors are gobbling properties up and are sitting on them. Foreclosures and short sales are still quite high.
    The unemployment numbers are only aided by those falling off the record. No real improvement there, and when a job is had, it is going to be under 30 hours to fit into Obamacare.
    Quantitative Easing has artificially inflated the stock market. You can disagree, but I have a friend who is a broker and even agrees this is quite temporary.

20. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Which a person can see as a so-called improving economy at government\taxpayer expense.