1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Economy

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by SolaSaint, Dec 14, 2011.

1. SolaSaint

SolaSaint Well-Known Member

Hi All,

After watching the nightly news (CBS) both local and national where they both ran pieces on homelessness, I was wondering what it looks like in your neck of the woods? In SE Missouri I don't see an increase in pandering or homeless people. With all the publicity of the homeless and increased unemployement and over 4M foreclosures, I would think we would see a lot of homelessness in our cities. One report said there will be 1.6 million homeless children this year, that breaks my heart if true. The church really needs to help here, IMO.

How is it where you are?

2. glfredrick

glfredrick New Member

What I am seeing is that rent is higher than ever...

And, there are a LOT of homes for sale.

Otherwise, everyone is living somewhere. Take us, for instance. We're with the in-laws for now, and hope to look at a rental home this weekend. Of course, we have not been bumped from a mortgage or anything, just moving from Kentucky to Wisconsin to continue the mission and had to wait until we knew where specifically God was leading us before we procured a place to live.

3. SolaSaint

SolaSaint Well-Known Member

I think we are seeing a lot of homes today resemble the Waltons...where they house in-laws and parents. I have my 21 year old daughter with us along with her daughter and my dad is moving in with us soon. It isn't an economic issue, but just common sense.

4. billwald

billwald New Member

We don't SEE the problem because there are no soup lines. Poor people now get their welfare support (money) on debit cards.