1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Elected or Chosen?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by 12strings, Apr 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. psalms109:31

psalms109:31 Active Member

1 Chronicles 16:13
    you his servants, the descendants of Israel, his chosen ones, the children of Jacob.

Psalm 105:6
    you his servants, the descendants of Abraham, his chosen ones, the children of Jacob.

Psalm 135:4
    For the Lord has chosen Jacob to be his own, Israel the Jews to be his treasured possession.

Isaiah 41:8
    “But you, Israel, my servant, Jacob, whom I have chosen, you descendants of Abraham my friend,

Isaiah 44

Israel the Chosen

44 “But now listen, Jacob, my servant,
    Israel, whom I have chosen.
    2 This is what the Lord says—
    he who made you, who formed you in the womb,
    and who will help you:
    Do not be afraid, Jacob, my servant,
    Jeshurun,[Jeshurun means the upright one, that is, Israel.] whom I have chosen.
    3 For I will pour water on the thirsty land,
    and streams on the dry ground;
    I will pour out my Spirit on your offspring,
    and my blessing on your descendants.
    4 They will spring up like grass in a meadow,
    like poplar trees by flowing streams.
    5 Some will say, ‘I belong to the Lord’;
    others will call themselves by the name of Jacob;
    still others will write on their hand, ‘The Lord’s,’
    and will take the name Israel.

John 15 Romans 11

It is actually a tree that is the elect. It started off with Israel as His treasured possession

Exodus 19
    3 Then Moses went up to God, and the Lord called to him from the mountain and said, “This is what you are to say to the descendants of Jacob and what you are to tell the people of Israel: 4 ‘You yourselves have seen what I did to Egypt, and how I carried you on eagles’ wings and brought you to myself. 5 Now if you obey me fully and keep my covenant, then out of all nations you will be my treasured possession. Although the whole earth is mine, 6 you[Or possession, for the whole earth is mine. 6 You] will be for me a kingdom of priests and a holy nation.’ These are the words you are to speak to the Israelites.”

The elect Jews was cut out for unbelief and God included with the believing Jews, Gentiles who heard the Gospel of their salvation having believed that was not there from the beginning because of being included, now Jews are being grafted back in what they were all ready apart of when they do not continue in their unbelief. We are all one in Christ Israel for we will take on the name Israel. Jacob was not the upright one Jesus is. Only Jesus kept the covenant only Jesus obeyed Him fully only in Christ we are the elect.

Jude 1
    5 Though you already know all this, I want to remind you that the Lord[Some early manuscripts Jesus] at one time delivered his people out of Egypt, but later destroyed those who did not believe.

Hebrews 3:
    16 Who were they who heard and rebelled? Were they not all those Moses led out of Egypt? 17 And with whom was he angry for forty years? Was it not with those who sinned, whose bodies perished in the wilderness? 18 And to whom did God swear that they would never enter his rest if not to those who disobeyed? 19 So we see that they were not able to enter, because of their unbelief.

#61 psalms109:31, Apr 4, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2013
  2. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I could say one was elected, or I could say one was chosen, but I repeat myself.

3. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have shot men for uttering less ... I tell you this in all sincerity, do not ever insult me in that mannor again..its tad amount to hurting my wife...& I will come looking for you

4. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think this has crossed the line. Closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.