1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Election Keeps No One Out Of Heaven

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by The Archangel, Sep 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

Spot on brother.

Their error is never ceasing. Calvin and Beza have done MUCH damage. Proof-texting kings they are, and thus their followers.

2. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh really! You feel qualified to make this kind of statement do you? Thank God some of my brothers finally see the light. No more waisting time & spinning wheels.:applause::applause::applause:

3. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

Oh, the highest form of flattery to mimic me. Yet his statement and rebuttal is unsubstantiated nonsense. Perhaps he'll find a proof-text to "support" his fallacy! :laugh:

4. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

Once again, your interpretation is not entirely accurate.

5. 12strings

12strings Active Member

I hate bring this up again, but just so you can clarify your position, are you saying that those who never hear about Christ (and so don't reject him) are saved?

6. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

They're already lost, condemned, and on way to hell prior to rejection of Christ.

7. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    No....your misunderstanding of the teaching leads you to that conclusion.
    No calvinist believes or teaches that God is the author of sin.
    You see clearly how it is stated in the confession ,so you re-define it wrongly to state your claim.:thumbs:

8. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    RS,
    I am confident that God has always given pastors and teachers to His church,and i take care to sort through the teaching comparing it to scripture.

Anyone who makes this objection is either
    1] uninformed

2]proud in spirit

3] ignorant of divine truth

4] too lazy to read and search out truth

No one here on the BB needs to re-invent the wheel. It sounds so spiritual to say....I just put my confidence in[in the plain teaching of the Word of God]

Evidently it is not plain to all or this would be the doctrines of grace board.

This statement is made as if the reformers never looked at"the plain teaching" of the word of God. As if they just made up any idea that came along.

Any reading of any of these men shows that they were word driven,and put the scriptures first.
    You like many in here...just want to resist truth from scripture without offering any verses to support your wrong ideas.
    When you make your false statements against calvinists and calvinism ...with no discussion or any counter -position it just strengthens the resolve of those who study.

9. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is true, the Biblical Doctrine of Election keeps no one out of heaven. In fact Election is what puts people into heaven.

So why the misconception? The answer is in the Calvinist doctrine of pre-temporal individual election for salvation. This mistaken view creates the impression that God keeps folks out of heaven because unless a person was elected, they cannot seek God and believe in Him. Arminians try to address this issue by inventing prevenient grace which allows all men to seek God and believe in Him. But this too is not biblical.

The Bible is clear, God corporately chose "us" the redeemed before the foundation of the world, and individually chose "us" the redeemed during our lifetime based on God's acceptance of our faith in Christ.

God Bless

#49 Van, Sep 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2011
  10. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    JBH28

If you look at Winmans objection ...at the heart of it he denies the goodness and wisdom of God.
    All of these objectors speak boldly as if God has to do what they think...rather than what God in all His Holy Wisdom has purposed to do,and is accomplishing as we speak.
    Each objection against election is a rejection of God's Divine attributes.
    They all will deny it when put to them this way....nevertheless it is so!
    That is how Paul answered every objection in Romans 9
    [QUOTE19Thou wilt say then unto me, Why doth he yet find fault? For who hath resisted his will?][/QUOTE]
    [QUOTE21Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?][/QUOTE]

Most every BB objector fails the romans 9 quiz Paul has given:type::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbs:

11. 12strings

12strings Active Member

So to clarify Van, are you saying the following:

1. Our Election is based on our faith in Christ, which is a choice any sinner can make apart from any Holy Spirit drawing.

2. That Arminians are in error not becuase they value free will too much, but because they do not value free will enough, and so feel the need to say that God's grace was involved in drawing sinners?

12. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Willis,
    Willis ....Paul uses national Israel and their apostasy as a backdrop to explain why and how gentiles are coming into the body of Christ in droves.
    It is not just speaking of nations however...but clearly individuals who come in one person at a time, living stones being added to the NT church.

The cross rejected seals the doom of any who reject it. Any and all sin has already condemned them. Any who come to the cross will be saved as we know.
    Many have lived and died without the any knowledge of the cross and will eternally suffer for it.

#52 Iconoclast, Sep 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2011
  13. jbh28

jbh28 Active Member

Thanks. I've have my first child coming in February btw!
    Election is because God knows that no one will come to him. The sacrifice of Jesus Christ on the Cross is sufficient for every person that has ever lived or will ever live. The cross is only efficient to those that believe and repent. I look at the non-election side and say that God is passing over them as well. He's doing the exact same thing to them. He has an offer of salvation, they reject and he sends them to hell because of their sin. What's different is that I see God electing some to salvation. I don't believe that election to salvation is in the same way as not election. In other words, Everyone is on a path to hell because all are sinners. God knows that all will reject him. He elects some. I also realize that God could have done nothing to anyone and he would have been perfectly just to do so. But he sent Christ do die on the cross.

No, rejection of Christ has everything to do with it. It's not a moot point at all. If I rejected the sufficiency of the atonement, then you would have a point. But because they are a sinner and have rejected Christ, they are going to go to hell. Remember, God passes over them as well in the non-Calvinistic system.

right. The point of this thread is to address this one point. Election isn't about keeping people out of hell. Without election, all would have rejected Christ's atonement and been in hell.

This is what I remember of an example that I heard.

Many who object to election see it this way: Jesus is at the gate of heaven and many are coming to him. He chooses some and sends the rest away.

This is not election. Instead it's like this:

Jesus is at the gate. All are going away and will not repent. He elects some of these to heaven and leaves the rest to do exactly as they wish.

14. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

No, no one is saved apart from Christ. However, if someone is on a deserted island, and God reveals Himself to that person, they can be saved. The Gospel IS God's power to save, Rom. 1:16. If they are saved in this manner, they are placed in Christ because God chose to reveal Himself to them.

15. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    QF
    Wrong on several counts. Not all Israel was of Israel to begin with.God had His elect remnant. The Apostles spoke of our knowing our election.
    Individual election is a great blessing...not something to be avoided.
    QF I do not understand this obsession to avoid this area. P4T has pointed out it is everywhere in scripture.
    Could you list your main objections to the teaching?

16. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

If no one is "putting the teachings of men over the word of God," then this should apply to no one here. Then, why would this sadden you?

On the other hand, if what I said is true, which unfortunately I believe is true, this is what should really sadden you.

17. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

Congrats and blessings my dear Brother!! :thumbs:!!

True.
    Correct.

Nutter correct!!

I can not find where it specifically states that He passes over some. Could you please elaborate?

I agree.

Again, please show me with scripture, where He passes over some.

Some Cals state that Jesus never died for the non-elect, so if He didn't, the cross was not intended for them in the first place. That is why I stated the cross would be a moot point.

I agree.

Now, here is the $64,000 question. Why would He choose some, and leave the rest? Jesus atoned for every sin via His death. If He atoned for their sins as well, then why would He do this? His paying the sin debt in full, means all sins were atoned for, don't you think?

18. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I read it the same way, good question:thumbsup:

19. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

Please read my post, it's #54. My God bless you richly, my Brother.

20. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    nice try...but no one heard my voice from heaven as the texts states.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.