1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Elvis is IN the building

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Jimmy C, May 5, 2009.

1. Jimmy C

Jimmy C New Member

2. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

I don't agree. For example, the Rangers and White Sox were on ESPN's Sunday Night Baseball 2 nights ago.

I think he will be. The only player I can think of who might beat him out is Wieters, but he hasn't been called up yet.

3. Jimmy C

Jimmy C New Member

CC

As of right now I dont think the little rangers have another appearance scheduled - now that could change if they stay in contention.

If a yank or bosox ss had made the play, its all we would see.

4. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I saw that play live last night and thought the runner was safe. In watching the video it's very hard to pause it in the exact place to get the call, and it's not a good camera angle anyway. But you can see it was very close. I've seen message boards talking about that play and the old schoolyard "tie goes to the runner" is finding its way in. But of course theoretically there is no such thing as a tie-- either the runner made it before the ball was secured in the baseman's glove or he wasn't. But if either Texas or Seattle misses the playoffs by one game, this is the one they may point back to, especially if it comes to be Texas by a game over Seattle. [But knowing the history of both franchises, that as unlikely as the play was close.]

5. Jimmy C

Jimmy C New Member

close plays happen all the time in Baseball - and they tend to even out over 162 games. I have been a ranger fan for longer than I am willing to admit - that was the best defensive play I have ever seen a ranger make - the second best was a Gary Matthews Junior out field play.

You may be correct about the playoffs - Anaheim is lurking and about to start getting healthy - but look who the rangers beat over the past 4 games Danks, King Felix, Beddard (who was great yesterday) and Contreras of the white sox. for the most part the rangers did it with pitching and defense, not simply outslugging the opponent.

There are alot of good things happening at the Temple these days - Elvis is certainly one of them.