1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured End times thoughts - continued

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Covenanter, May 26, 2018.

?
  1. At Pentecost

6 vote(s)
    75.0%
  2. AD 70

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. At the rapture

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  4. When Jesus returns

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  1. Covenanter

Covenanter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just posting the last post from the previous thread -

2. 1689Dave

1689Dave Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes1 said:
    the Prophets foretold a Messianic Age, where God reigns supreme, and satan has been chained up, and there is no more wars, disease, etc, You really think that is now?

If you consider Christ now reigns from David's Throne in Heavenly Jerusalem:

“But you have come to Mount Zion, the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to myriads of angels, to the assembly and congregation of the firstborn, who are enrolled in heaven, and to God, the judge of all, and to the spirits of the righteous, who have been made perfect,” (Hebrews 12:22–23) (NET)

And that his kingdom includes our present earth: Some of the golden age promises are being fulfilled now on earth. People can expect to live 100 years or so. And other characteristics that evade our notice, especially those of an eternal nature are being fulfilled in Heaven. And will continue fulfillment in the world to come.

Example: David's throne is forever, not 1000 years. The physical promised land cannot sustain the number of people assigned to it. But the Canaan Abraham looked for, symbolized by the earthly, sustains all - forever. While the carnal mind looked for the physical symbol of Canaan and found it, Abraham and the spiritually minded looked for what the symbol represented. “For he looked for a city which hath foundations, whose builder and maker is God.” (Hebrews 11:10) (KJV 1900)

And so on.

If you look for the prophetic symbol, you'll miss it. If you look for what the symbol represents, you will see it.

#2 1689Dave, May 26, 2018
    Last edited: May 26, 2018
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    None of the above.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have always believed that the end of time will be when Jesus returns to bring home his own... It will be the end of time as we know it but the beginning of eternity for us... Since I have been on the BB I have heard every scenario imaginable but that has not changed my belief one iota... Christ was resurrected so he could resurrect us... Those given by the Father, to his Son Jesus The Christ to save... The Lord says there is a mansion waiting for me and all his blood bought , grace wrought children when the Lord comes again and I'm going to occupy it... Not that any of us deserve it... Brother Glen:)

John 14:1 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.

14:2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

14:3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

14:4 And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know.

14:5 Thomas saith unto him, Lord, we know not whither thou goest; and how can we know the way?

14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

#4 tyndale1946, May 26, 2018
    Last edited: May 26, 2018
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    How do the forever promises apply to a physical kingdom, 1000 years long, in an earth to be consumed with fire? Especially after Jesus says his kingdom is not of this world (age)?

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. Covenanter

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Can we add your to the list?

7. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    The "end times" started with the first coming and will end with the second coming.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Covenanter

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I won't argue with that - the incarnation. A "dispensational overlap."

• Like Like x 1
  9. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Kingdom was NOT at that time to be set up here upon the earth, but at His second coming, the Earth shall have it over all areas, as Daniel predicted that all worlds Kingdoms shall be smashed by His kingdom coming a great rock/Mountain to earth!
    The Messianic Age just is not right we are now experiencing, as it will be a glorious time, when all nations shall acknowledge Jesus is the King!
    No more wars, famines, sicknesses, in a Paradise restored!

10. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Apostle were in the "Last Days", just as we now are, its just that we are MUCH closer to it ending!

• Like Like x 1
  11. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is what the Pharisees expected. And this is why they missed the kingdom all together. The Kingdom is spiritual, here fully since Pentecost. And unless a person is born again they cannot see it. If you are born again, try looking for all of the things the literal prophecies symbolized. The mistake is, you are looking for the symbols to materialize, which they never will.

And saying, Repent ye: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.” (Matthew 3:2) (KJV 1900)

And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffereth violence, and the violent take it by force.” (Matthew 11:12) (KJV 1900)

Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom.” (Matthew 16:28) (KJV 1900)

Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.” (John 3:3) (KJV 1900)

Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.” (John 18:36) (KJV 1900)

And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation:” (Luke 17:20) (KJV 1900)

Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.” (Luke 17:21) (KJV 1900)

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Read the OT prophets, as they foresaw a time here upon the earth when messiah would be reigning!

13. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    18 And Jesus came to them and spake unto them, saying, All authority hath been given unto me in heaven and on earth. Mt 28

Messiah reigns NOW.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  14. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Messiah is NOT reigning on earth in a direct state though, as God is even now permitting stuff that will NEVER happen when Messiah reigns here on eartrh! Do you thinnk Isis will be burning/beheading in messianic Age?

15. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    29 For I know that after my death ye will utterly corrupt yourselves, and turn aside from the way which I have commanded you; and evil will befall you in the latter days; because ye will do that which is evil in the sight of Jehovah, to provoke him to anger through the work of your hands. Dt 31

The 'end times' of the Jewish economy was foretold by the prophet Moses (and spoken of by many others).

As far as when the 'countdown' started? Maybe here:

16 The law and the prophets were until John: from that time the gospel of the kingdom of God is preached, and every man entereth violently into it. Lu 16

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The end of the last days will be Great Tribulation, Antichrist, and second coming!

17. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You ever read and meditate on this passage?:

23 And they shall say to you, Lo, there! Lo, here! go not away, nor follow after them:
    24 for as the lightning, when it lighteneth out of the one part under the heaven, shineth unto the other part under heaven; so shall the Son of man be in his day. Lu 17

So you're saying that the Son of Man 'in His day' will be Lo here! Where exactly? The capital of that modern day entity that goes by the name 'Israel'? Lo here! He's here in Jerusalem! Is that right?

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ...all of which have occurred already.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Covenanter

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Peter preached:
    22 For Moses said, “The Lord your God will raise up for you a prophet like me from among your own people; you must listen to everything he tells you. 23 Anyone who does not listen to him will be completely cut off from their people.”

24 ‘Indeed, beginning with Samuel, all the prophets who have spoken have foretold these days. 25 And you are heirs of the prophets and of the covenant God made with your fathers. He said to Abraham, “Through your offspring all peoples on earth will be blessed.” 26 When God raised up his servant, he sent him first to you to bless you by turning each of you from your wicked ways.’

Peter wrote:
    10 Concerning this salvation, the prophets, who spoke of the grace that was to come to you, searched intently and with the greatest care, 11 trying to find out the time and circumstances to which the Spirit of Christ in them was pointing when he predicted the sufferings of the Messiah and the glories that would follow. 12 It was revealed to them that they were not serving themselves but you, when they spoke of the things that have now been told you by those who have preached the gospel to you by the Holy Spirit sent from heaven. Even angels long to look into these things.

The New Covenant is the fulfilment of the OC. OC prophecy doesn't stand alone.

• Like Like x 1
  20. agedman

agedman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Either one takes the Revelation events as factual and in particular the last five chapters as sequential, or one does not believe the Bible is factual, and all manner of interpretation of all Doctrines comes into question.