1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

English Bible Versions

Discussion in 'Polls Forum' started by Clay Knick, Apr 19, 2005.

1. Clay Knick

Clay Knick New Member

What is your favorite English Bible version?
    Which ones do you use in comparison study?

Hey Jude, can't wait to see your answers!
    I've been off the board for a few months.
    I got married!

Clay

Rev. Clay Knick

2. alexander284

alexander284 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    My favorite has been the NKJV, but I am starting to become a great admirer of the ESV. [​IMG]

Translations I use in comparison study:

NASB, ESV, KJV, NKJV, HCSB, NIV. [​IMG]

3. Kayla

Kayla New Member

Congratulations!

I use the KJV, I don't only use it exclusively, but it helps my reading skills. I am a much better reader than those in my class in High School. My English teacher asked me what I had read, because I knew words that most of her students did not, I told her that I read lots of books and I read the KJV every night, and she figured out that another one of her students me friend Brad, also reads the KJV every night and his skills are superior also, so she concluded that the KJV and improve your reading very nicely.

4. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    My primary preaching/teaching bibles--NIV, NASB.

Others I consult from time to time.

5. bobbyd

bobbyd New Member

I had been using an ESV for my personal Bible study for the last couple of years, but it has started falling apart in the Pauline Letters (pages coming loose), so i had to retire it. Now i'm using the NASB for my personal study, which is what i usually use for preaching on Sunday morning. In the evenings i'll occassionaly use NIV, and on some Wednesdays i'll use KJV. I also use all of the above for references, along with a couple of others that would be considered "lesser" translations or paraphrases, like the NLT or CEV.