1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Enough money at church

Discussion in '2000-02 Archive' started by SaggyWoman, Jul 13, 2001.

1. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

If Christians are really following what God commands, do you really believe that there will be enough money in the plate??

2. tlange

tlange New Member

Yes, most definitely, the needs of the church would be met. Remember the incident in Exodus where the people brought things for the tabernacle and they had to tell the people to stop bringing things because they had so much. That is not the case in our churches today, they sometimes have trouble paying their pastor a DECENT, LIVEABLE salary and some of them cannot make their budget!

3. Pastor KevinR

Pastor KevinR New Member

I believe if church folks are giving as they're suppossed to do, then the church will be able to pay it's bill's, etc. Which includes the Pastor's salary! Some church trustee boards are so cheap it's amazing and I believe they'll give an account before God the way they didn't give their Pastor a liveable wage.
    Maddog is 1/2 right about greediness and programs, etc, but 1/2 wrong, too. What's wrong with a Pastor getting paid a decent salary? Most Pastor's have at least a Master's degree and they may have to pay school loans, etc If someone is in your church with a Master's degree, the probably get paid what they're worth, but the Pastor who has been many years in training sometimes is paid weakly weekly :eek: .Those trustee or deacon boards ought to be ashamed!
    On the other hand, there are some Pastors who are over paid, like many in the Faith Movement, who think the have to have the latest luxury car, the finest suits, and so on. A Pastor ought to be willing to drive a 1985 car if need be! ( I drive a 1987 Honda Civic. And BTW, it was given to me [​IMG] , the Lord does take care of us!) In saying all this, if a church calls a Pastor and simply cannot afford to pay him a full salary ( I have been there), if the man refuses to take the church for that reason, shame on him, too! :eek: I've been a bivocational Pastor and it may happen again in a couple of months when my wife stops working and pursues her college degree full time...but the Lord will take care of us! A Pastor should get the median of what the flock gets. If the top wage is $100K, and the bottom $25K, then he ought to get paid in the middle somewhere, $50K to $60K (hey, I'm going by New York salaries :D ) BTW, in case you are wondering, I'm less than the $25K ;)
    I have a Pastor friend who has never pastored, he's in his first pastorate, and he's getting $50K per year, has a nice house on Long Island, drives two newer model cars, etc. I am glad for him, too. :cool: