1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Epa not communicating, won’t name toxins they spilled

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Revmitchell, Aug 11, 2015.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Tuesday on Fox News Channel’s “America’s Newsroom,” Gov. Susana Martinez (R-NM) revealed the lack of communication she is getting from the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) which caused a massive spill at the Gold King Mine near Durango, CO that dumped millions of gallons of toxins into the Animas River and is now putting at risk cities in New Mexico as the spill flow travels from the Animas into the San Juan River.

Martinez said, “It is very dangerous. We are not aware of all of the toxins in the river. The EPA hasn’t been communicating and has not been forthcoming with the state of New Mexico as to the different types of toxins.

http://www.breitbart.com/video/2015...-communicating-wont-name-toxins-they-spilled/

2. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Environmental Protection Agency officials say the pollutants in the plume include arsenic, lead, copper, aluminum and cadmium.

3. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Were this the fault of a private company, heads would be served on plates. Since this is on the EPA, I wonder how many bureaucrats will lose their jobs over this.

4. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    New Mexico Gov. Susana Martinez blasted the EPA for accidentally flooding the Animas River with toxic orange wastewater, calling on the agency to hold itself to the same standard for the disaster as it would a private entity.

“Imagine what would happen if a private company caused this waste spill,” the Republican governor said in a Friday statement.

“This was caused by the EPA and the EPA should demand the same of itself as it would of a private business responsible for such a spill, particularly when it comes to making information available to the public and state and local officials,” she said.

SEE ALSO: EPA takes heat for toxic wastewater spill that turns Colorado river orange

An EPA team inadvertently unplugged one million gallons of epa-takes-heat-wastewater-spill-colorado-river/” target=”_blank”>wastewater during an assessment project at the inactive Gold King Mine near Silverton, Colorado, sending contaminated orange fluid down Cement Creek and into the Animas River, which crosses into New Mexico.

Ms. Martinez said she was “disturbed by the lack of information provided by the EPA,” noting that she was not informed of the spill until 9:30 a.m. Thursday, even though the release was first reported at 10:40 a.m. Wednesday.

When she did get the information, it came from the Southern Ute Tribe, not the EPA, she said.

“I am very concerned by this massive waste spill in the Animas River in Colorado that EPA officials have admitted to causing,” Ms. Martinez said. “I have ordered my agencies to work with local and federal officials to ensure the health and safety of New Mexicans is protected.”

“I hope the EPA will be more cooperative and forthcoming moving forward as we work to address this situation,” she said.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/aug/8/gov-martinez-bashes-epa-flooding-animas-river-oran/

5. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Geologist Predicted EPA Would Intentionally Poison Animas River A Week Before Toxic Spill

To make matters even worse, the EPA actually had a warning about this a week prior to the disaster. A week prior to the spill, retired geologist Dave Taylor wrote a letter to the editor in “The Silverton Standard” pointing out that the EPA was planning a maneuver that could potentially cause toxins from mineshafts to flood into rivers. He also suggested that the EPA was aware of the possible outcomes, and were going forward with the plan anyway to gain funding.

In the letter, Taylor wrote:

Read more at http://thefreethoughtproject.com/ge...s-river-week-toxic-spill/#YzLiGAqtF5FYmQOe.99

EPA Contractor Behind CO Mine Spill Got $381 Million From Taxpayers

The EPA may have been trying to hide the identity of the contracting company responsible for causing a major wastewater spill in southern Colorado, but the Wall Street Journal has revealed the company’s identity.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2015/08/12/e...-got-381-million-from-taxpayer/#ixzz3ihndtwIi

EPA spill benefits Obama's war against American energy

http://www.infowars.com/inside-job-epa-may-have-intentionally-polluted-animas-river/

#5 poncho, Aug 13, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2015