1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Equal pay in soccer???

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Salty, May 22, 2022.

1. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Concerning this interest in how much money someone might bring in(and I'll try not to sound like Scott Steiner doing math once upon a time in a professional wrestling promo :Biggrin):

There is X amount of revenue overall all for the U.S. national teams. And of that amount, Y amount is allocated to salaries. What I am saying is that of the Y amount, when one team is winning multiple FIFA and Olympic world championships and the other team has a difficult time even making it into the FIFA World Cup - and certainly is not a top tier national soccer team, that the majority of the Y amount should go to the team bringing home the world championships.

2. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    So the womens team at a local jr college is able to beat the Jr High school boys all star team
    But the mens team of that local jr college - looses to a high school boys all-star team

Does this mean that the women's team - is better than the mens team - of course NOT!

Thus the only way to eveulate as to which is better is too have a head-to-head competition - preferably a best of seven !

And that goes for any sport - soccer, lacrosse, basketball, ect.

3. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I disagree with your reasoning as it applies to pay; I don't see any way to reconcile our two views. And I don't see any reason for the two of us to keep butting heads over it.
    [​IMG]

So, good discussion, Salty! :Thumbsup

Let's just eat our meal in peace. :)

[​IMG]

4. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    So, I guess we will agree to disagree!

Thank you for a pleasant and well spoken discussion
    (unlike other posters!)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Reynolds

Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Pay should be according to market demand and revenue generated.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Reynolds

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    But one team draws a lot bigger crowd than the other. One team generated more revenue than the other.
    Maybe just combine them into a Transgender team and be done with it.

7. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Like mixed tag team pro wrestling? Sounds good to me. Also, I like intergender pro wrestling. Sexy Star won a match versus other men to win the Lucha Underground Champion several years ago. She didn't hold on to it for long but I was very happy to see her at least win it. :)

8. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    "Back in the U.S., millions more were watching. According to a statement from Fox Sports, citing data from Nielsen, approximately 14.3 million U.S. viewers tuned in to the final match on television, compared to 11.4 million for the 2018 Men’s World Cup Final, a 22% U.S. viewership boost." - US viewership of the Women's World Cup final was higher than the men's (cnbc.com)

"U.S. women’s soccer games have generated more revenue than U.S. men’s games over the past three years.

That’s according to audited financial statements from the U.S. Soccer Federation (USSF) obtained by The Wall Street Journal. In 2016, women’s games generated $1.9 million more in revenue than men’s games. From 2016 to 2018, women’s games generated approximately $50.8 million in revenue, compared with $49.9 million for men’s games." - US women's soccer games now generate more revenue than men's (cnbc.com)

9. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Are you talking about "Real wrestling" or Fake Wrestling!

10. 5 point Gillinist

5 point Gillinist Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    And it should be said.

11. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Scripted professional wrestling. Although in 2017, Sexy Star, for some reason, at a match in the Mexican promotion AAA, refused to release an armbar after the other wrestler submitted and injured her arm. She got in a huge amount of trouble for it and severely damaged her future in professional wrestling.

And there are injuries all the time because, while the result may be scripted, a lot of the action is physically violent. For example, Rey Fenix had his elbow dislocated on "AEW Dynamite" earlier this year when being slammed through a table; it looked bad live and it looked really bad in slow motion. Another wrestler, Cash Wheeler, and also on "AEW Dynamite", got the skin of his forearm caught in the metal rod connecting the turnbuckle to the ring post and took a hunk out of it and his tag team partner had to finish the match alone. I am not picking on AEW as there are injuries in WWE as well but I don't watch WWE and run across videos of the injuries on YouTube.

12. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wow! I imagine you have a huge problem with me watching professional wrestling and watching and wagering on horse racing. :D

#32 KenH, May 23, 2022
    Last edited: May 23, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Reynolds

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If that is indeed the case then the pay will soon reflect that.

14. Mikoo

Mikoo Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh please. You have no idea what you are talking about.
    CBS Sports:

FC Dallas under-15 boys squad beat the U.S. Women's National Team in a scrimmage

No comparison. The best in the world women's soccer team (USA) couldn't beat a boys high school team. This has been repeated around the world when a country's best women soccer team went up against boys team. The us women's us team wouldn't stand a chance against the us men's team.

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    This "match" is irrelevant to how poor the U.S. men's national team is on the world stage compared to the U.S. women's national team.

A friendly match(FC Dallas under-15 boys squad beat the U.S. Women's National Team in a scrimmage - CBSSports.com):

"Of course, this match against the academy team was very informal and should not be a major cause for alarm. The U.S. surely wasn’t going all out, with the main goal being to get some minutes on the pitch, build chemistry when it comes to moving the ball around, improve defensive shape and get ready for Russia."

This "match" had all of the relevance of a spring football scrimmage at a university where one "team" defeats the other "team".

Besides, being an FC Dallas fan and having attended one of their MLS matches in person at Frisco, Texas, I say, Go FC Dallas! :D

#35 KenH, May 23, 2022
  16. Mikoo

Mikoo Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    LOL. You ignorance is showing. Of course they have to say that because of their embarrassing loss. It happens around the world with these women soccer teams. If there were tryouts for one team in soccer (instead of a woman and men teams) to represent countries internationally in competition, I would wager that not one woman trying out would make a country's national team. The exception would be a politically correct pics as to not embarrass the women. IMHO

#36 Mikoo, May 23, 2022
  17. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Irrelevant to how poor the U.S. men's national team fares on the world stage compared to the U.S. women's national team.

I have stated my position on the salary issue and I stand by it. If you disagree, that is fine. If we all had the same opinion about sports issues, then sports would be really boring. :)

18. Mikoo

Mikoo Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yep. We definitely disagree on the salary issue. The difference in skill level of the men and the competition the men's team face is like night and day. If the US women's team faced the US men's team's weakest opponent they would get crushed. So comparing how well the women 'fare' on the world stage is like comparing apples and oranges, irrelevant. So, as I said before your position is a position based on ignorance. If you disagree, that is fine.

19. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I disagree. I have watched LOTS of soccer.

20. Mikoo

Mikoo Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    So?....And?
    If you want to add some substance to what is basically a no response to what I ACTUALLY wrote, it might help to explain your position.