1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Eschatology

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Thomas Helwys, Mar 22, 2013.

1. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ?????

That's EXACTLY what I'd like to see happen. Is there something non-Biblical or un-Christian with that position?

2. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

So your earlier lack of interest suddenly took a sharp turn, eh?

3. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

When you want to discuss things actually said and not made up you know where to find me. You claimed I was speculating when I said the push for peace in the middle east was happening. Try following along.

4. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, your 'speculating' that Obama being there is somehow connected with this fictional character AntiChrist is what I was referring to.

5. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Of course you can supply the quote where I said anything remotely like that. No wonder your eschatology is all off, your reading comprehension is atrocious.

6. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No.... I always had a lack of interest. Its the most foolish thing a Christian can do, to speculate when the lord tells ya to be at peace. All of your answers serve to confirm this. Its akin to fighting with one another on the correct bible translation when the emphasis should be on just studying it.

If I have to declare anything, it will be that I am a Pan Millennial. It will all pan out in the end! :smilewinkgrin:

7. Herald

Herald New Member

I am in agreement with webdog. I am an amillennialist, and have strong disagreements with dispensationalism. But there are many godly dispensationalists who love the gospel. I will call them wrong on this issue, but I will not throw the H-bomb at them.

8. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You said:

Is that 'remotely' enough for you?

Really webdog, you're a grown man with wife and children, a family to think of. Drop this fictional 'last days' fantasy with AC, the third temple, Armageddon, the Great Tribulation, etc., and stop dwelling in the negative, try to think positive and have some hope with what we have in front of us. Teach your children to have hope, not despair. Accept that Christ reigns now and His will is going to be done, always. You're no prophet, prophecies are not given in the Bible so that you can be a prophet, it's all going to pan out just the way it's supposed to. "Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof."

9. Herald

Herald New Member

Not every dispensationalist goes to the extreme of John Hagee, but I will grant you that dispensationalism, as a system, can go to that extreme.

10. Herald

Herald New Member

To answer your question, I am an amillennialist. I believe God has had one called out people since the line of Seth. I disagree with my dispensationalist brethren who see the New Covenant as a future promise including national Israel. The New Covenant is made with the spiritual seed of Abraham, the Church. I do not see a future for national Israel in prophecy. Awaiting on the prophetic clock is the return of Christ and the final judgment. The only eschatological view on this board I consider to be Hersey is full blown preterism.

11. Thomas Helwys

Thomas Helwys New Member

I am leaning that way more and more, I think.

12. Thomas Helwys

Thomas Helwys New Member

Although it began as a system with John Nelson Darby about 200 years ago.

Supersessionism was the predominant teaching of the church until the rise of dispensationalism in the 19th century.

13. Herald

Herald New Member

I am not criticizing, it is just odd to run into a non-RCC amillennialist who is not a Covenant Theologian and a Calvinist. Not unheard of, but highly unusual.

14. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Maybe you need to rethink, IMO, on the whole, it HAS gone to that extreme already:

"...Christian Zionism is essentially Christian support for Zionism. Zionism is a political system based on ethnic exclusivity giving Jews preferential political rights which are denied to Palestinians. The United Nations has defined Zionism as a form of racism and apartheid. Nevertheless, in the words of Grace Halsell the essential message of the Christian Zionist is this: “every act taken by Israel is orchestrated by God, and should be condoned, supported, and even praised by the rest of us.”

The Significance of the Christian Zionist Movement

Estimates as to the size of the movement as a whole vary considerably. While critics like Crowley claim, ‘At least one out of every 10 Americans is a devotee’, that is between ‘25 to 30 million’, Christian Zionists such as Pat Robertson and Jerry Falwell claim weekly access to 100 million sympathetic Americans. What ever the true figure, all are agreed, that number that is growing in size and influence. They are led by 80,000 fundamentalist pastors and clergy, their views disseminated by 1,000 local Christian radio stations as well as 100 Christian TV stations. Doug Kreiger lists over 250 pro-Israeli organisations founded in the 1980s alone...."

#54 kyredneck, Mar 22, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2013
  15. Thomas Helwys

Thomas Helwys New Member

I totally disagree. The focal point of history is Jesus Christ and all believers in him, the church. To substitute a physical nation for that is contrary to the Gospel and dishonors Jesus and what He did.

16. Thomas Helwys

Thomas Helwys New Member

:thumbsup:

17. Thomas Helwys

Thomas Helwys New Member

I certainly agree with that.

18. Thomas Helwys

Thomas Helwys New Member

Don't you think that unfair and going too far?

If this thread turns into name calling, nastiness, and a p*****g contest, I'll ask for it to be closed.

19. Thomas Helwys

Thomas Helwys New Member

Sounds like my kind of people! :laugh: :laugh:

20. Thomas Helwys

Thomas Helwys New Member

Hal Lindsey thought that we (the church) wouldn't be here by the end of the 80's. Then he said we'd be gone before 2000. Wonder what's next in his mind?