1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Eschatology

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by RLBosley, Jul 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Are you serious???

2. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Shows ya something don't it....:laugh:

3. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    :thumbsup: Sounds close to what the scriptures teach. The first covenant was ADDED (casting a shadow of the good things of the Everlasting Covenant behind it):

What then is the law? It was added because of transgressions, till the seed should come to whom the promise hath been made.....Gal 3:19,

And then it was removed:

And this word, Yet once more, signifieth the removing of those things that are shaken, as of things that have been made, that those things which are not shaken may remain. Heb 12:7

Never to be reinstated again:

.... Let there be no fruit from thee henceforward for ever....Mt 21:19

21 And a strong angel took up a stone as it were a great millstone and cast it into the sea, saying, Thus with a mighty fall shall Babylon, the great city, be cast down, and shall be found no more at all.
    22 And the voice of harpers and minstrels and flute-players and trumpeters shall be heard no more at all in thee; and no craftsman, of whatsoever craft, shall be found any more at all in thee; and the voice of a mill shall be heard no more at all in thee;
    23 and the light of a lamp shall shine no more at all in thee; and the voice of the bridegroom and of the bride shall be heard no more at all in thee: for thy merchants were the princes of the earth; for with thy sorcery were all the nations deceived.
    24 And in her was found the blood of prophets and of saints, and of all that have been slain upon the earth. Rev 18

I'm astounded, I marvel daily at 'the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and the knowledge of God! how unsearchable are his judgments,' and I have the utmost confidence that His kingdom that has benefitted mankind beyond measure will never fail, and the saints are assured of victory in the end. This great confidence I have is, to a large degree, grounded in my eschatology.

Don't know why; PM Squire, maybe he'll tell you why.

4. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    #24 evangelist6589, Jul 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2014
  5. RLBosley

RLBosley Active Member

Yes good stuff. "He shall have dominion." Amen.

:thumbsup:

Gal 3:19 sums it up well. "It was added... until..." Clearly a temporary covenant.

I'm not totally on-board with the identification of Revelation's Babylon with Jerusalem, though I certainly see how that could be the case.

6. asterisktom

asterisktom Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Of course.

Was that supposed to be a rebuttal or what?

7. asterisktom

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Feel free to give me a substantial response if you feel up to it.

8. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    AH! RLB! That's one of the easiest to identify!

9. RLBosley

RLBosley Active Member

Then maybe that deserves a thread of it's own?

Clearly Rev 11:8 is condemnatory toward Jerusalem, but that identifies the city with Egypt and Sodom, not Babylon. Rev 17 (specifically verse 9) seems to identify Babylon as the city of Rome.

10. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

My late brother-in-law described himself as a "pan-millenialist." It's all going to pan out in the end.

In reality, he was a dispensationalist. I was a historical pre-mil. In other words, he was pre-trib, I was post-trib. That led to a number of discussions, of course.

One day he told me, "when the rapture comes, I'm grabbing your hand and we're leaving together, whether you believe it or not."

#30 Tom Butler, Jul 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2014
  11. JamesL

JamesL Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I heard an interesting piece once, that those who believe in a PreTrib rapture will be the first to take the mark of the beast because - they are not expecting to be here, so how could this be the beast?

Not saying I agree, but it was definitely food for thought

12. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    OK....I really don't give a wit about any of this. God will take care of it....so I don't need to speculate. Maybe I am the Pan Mil.:laugh:

13. asterisktom

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That's fine. I'm not in the mood for arguing with those who don't want to examine this.

Take care.

14. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It ain't worth it Tom....be well:thumbsup:

15. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So when did the Second Coming and physically resurrection of the Body of christ appear in history then?

16. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You would be as my Pastor, an historical pre Mil person...

I do not quibble over the timing of the rapture, as while still view it as being pre trib, can see support for mid/post postions, just cannot find support that we have been in the age of the messiah as foretold by OT prophets since time of His ascension, as A mil/post Mil presupposses!

17. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

The "Parenthesis" in Classic Dispensationalism

You are entitled to your opinion but it is a fact that "Classic Dispensationalism" teaches that the Church for which Jesus Christ died is a "parenthesis" an "intercalation" in God's program for Israel. Contrary to your claim Israel has not been "set aside". Rather they fulfilled the purpose for which God called them. They provided the vessel, actually it was the tribe of Judah, through which God would accomplish the Incarnation. Once that was done the people of Israel occupy the same position relative to God as anyone else.

Hyper dispensationalists apparently have a difficult time deciding whether Jesus Christ died for His Church or whether it was the Apostle Paul.

18. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

I am amillennial but I have a very hopeful view of eschatology. The message of all of Scripture and particularly the Book of Revelation is that through the triumph of Jesus Christ over Satan, we Saints who compose the Church for which Jesus Christ died, WIN!

19. asterisktom

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The physical resurrection of Christ was when He was resurrected. It's in the Gospels. What are you asking? Did you think I don't believe this, or what?

The second coming - the Parousia - happened in AD 70.

20. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Identity of Babylon in Revelation Made Easy
    http://www.baptistboard.com/showthread.php?t=71289&highlight=Titus

Wrong.

And their dead bodies lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also their Lord was crucified. Rev 11:8

And the great city was divided into three parts, and the cities of the nations fell: and Babylon the great was remembered in the sight of God, to give unto her the cup of the wine of the fierceness of his wrath. Rev 16:19

standing afar off for the fear of her torment, saying, Woe, woe, the great city, Babylon, the strong city! for in one hour is thy judgment come. Rev 18:10

Rev 11:8 clearly groups Babylon, Egypt, Sodom, and Jerusalem together as one and the same.

No, it does not.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.