1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Eternal Security

Discussion in '2000-02 Archive' started by KenH, Aug 15, 2002.

1. Eladar

Eladar New Member

No, I don't. I believe that it is only the blood of Christ that can make me righteous. I believe, as God has instructed us through His word, that obedience to God's commands can be a sign of a righteous person.

Having said this, God has instructed us that if someone does not live by God's commands, such a person definitely is not righteous.

Am I saying that anyone can live a perfectly righteous life and follow all of God's commands, No. But if we confess our sins, God who is faithful and just will forgive our sins and cleanse us of all unrighteousness.

God tells us that we will continue to sin, the elect will not live a lifestyle that is in rebellion to God.

2. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think you read it wrong, Tuor. It is not if
    they
    will repent, but it is if God grants
    them repentance.

3. Eladar

Eladar New Member

You are arguing over who has the power behind the action, not the action itself. When God grants them repentance, people repent.

4. Ruht

Ruht Guest

Ruth,

This will be your final warning. Abide by the standards of the Baptist Board or use the door. If you have personal issues, address them with me personally.

If you persist in this manner, you will suspended for one week. A second offense will receive a permanent suspension.

If you have any questions, you may send me a private message.

[ August 29, 2002, 07:33 PM: Message edited by: Pastor Larry ]

5. pinoybaptist

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are arguing over who has the power behind the action, not the action itself. When God grants them repentance, people repent.</font>[/QUOTE]Well, the Bible happens to state in this very scripture you quoted that it is God who grants repentance and so the Bible, not I, raises the issue of power and authority to grant repentance.
    Repentance is not innate, inherent, or inborn to any sinner, whether he believes in election or not.

6. pinoybaptist

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ruht:
    Moderators reserve the right to correct anything from anyone which they deem to be incorrect in accordance with forum protocol.
    Please. Let us not rebel against their authority to do so, but instead let us take corrections in the spirit of meekness.
    If we feel we have been unjustly reprimanded, then we can leave that in God's hands.
    No offense meant.
    God bless.

7. Eladar

Eladar New Member

How does this affect the meaning of my response to Aki's post?

8. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If I may be so blunt getting back to the question of Eternal Security... I will not question anyone on here in possession of Eternal Security and I don't feel anyone of us has the right to question others. As I have said may times on this board God will save all his children!... God knows who they ALL are even though we don't!... I am Brother Glen and the last time I checked I don't possess the knowledge of God!... Brother Glen :eek:

9. Aki

Aki Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    eternal security! this is a good topic, and i would sure love for this to continue on topic.

well said, Tuor. it is only by the imputation of Christ's rigtheousness that a person can be accepted by God. Christ's work on the cross is sufficient for the salvation of the believer.

good works, moreover, are products of faith. it is not actually faith plus works, but rather faith that results to works. thus with faith, salvation is complete. good works are not added to faith. good works are results of faith.

10. pinoybaptist

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I didn't know that you responded to Aki. There was no addressee in your post with this scripture.

11. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

For those who may have misunderstood the situation transpiring with Ruht, my reference to the "Messiah complex" was not a name or an attack. It was a reference to Ruht's claim to be acting like Christ, somethign that was clearly inconsistent with his word. When someone claims Christlikeness, it is incumbent on them to act like Christ. Uncharitable words, personal attacks, and the like are out of place no matter which side the person is on. Common decency and abiding by the rules will be enforced. I apologize for any misunderstanding.

This is a hot topic and heated debate is expected. However, let's be charitable, and keep the rhetoric down. If you wish to question or refute someone's interpretation or opinion, then do so without making negative references to them.

Larry