1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Eternal Security

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Iamodd4God, Jul 28, 2007.

1. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    1. I hardly think the Evolution -vs - Genesis Creation debate example given above is simply "the OT spillover" where the OT is wrong an Atheist Darwinism is right.

2. I also do not think that the objective approach shown there were atheist darwinists themselves are quoted as refusing to go to the wild extremes of some pro-darwinist christian posters here - can be bent to fit your spin above reducing it all to the "OT spillover" issue.

I am not debating/refuting/rejecting the point that some here do turn away from calm objective review of points raised and instead turn toward a spin in favor of name-calling ad-hominem and pulpit-pounding labeling of entire denominations.

I agree some do resort to those tactics and they were wrong to do it.

Again you pretend not to see the SAME point being argued in all cases "not just when you and I debate".

As I show in the case of atheist darwinists and in the case of anti-Sabbath sources -- well known, respected sources can be found that promote those specific views and yet THEY do not go to the wild extremes posted in some cases on these threads.

I merely point that out - and I am not singling you out as the only person that gets caught in that light from those sources.

I do not use the term "sunday sacredness" when referring to D.L.Moody's quotes, Jamieson Fausset Brown quotes, Adam Clarke etc. I simply identify sources as being "pro-Sunday" and some as also being "Anti-Sabbath".

In any case - my intent here was not to single you out other than giving specific examples of this objective model where "the other side" is quoted in the form of well respected sources that do not go to wild extremes when interpreting some texts.

In the recent posts here I simply point out that we are giving objective readers a view between two views -- and they can easily see the gaps.

in Christ,

Bob

#201 BobRyan, Aug 11, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2007
  2. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    And now to return to the OP - post 164 on Page 17

. The "you" in Romans 11 is "individual".
    2. The "Jews" that were cut off did not include Paul or Peter.
    3. EACH one "stands only by their faith" that is an individual act.

Inidividual acts are the context and highlight for Romans 11 --

1 I say then, God
    has not rejected His people, has He? May it never be! For I too am an Israelite, a descendant of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin.
    2 God has not rejected His people whom He foreknew. Or do you not know what the Scripture says in the passage about Elijah, how he pleads with God against Israel? 3“Lord, THEY HAVE KILLED YOUR PROPHETS, THEY HAVE TORN DOWN YOUR ALTARS,
    AND I ALONE AM LEFT, AND THEY ARE SEEKING MY LIFE.”
    4 But what is the divine response to him? “
    I HAVE KEPT for Myself SEVEN THOUSAND MEN WHO HAVE NOT BOWED THE KNEE TO BAAL.”

Paul seeks to save both Jew and Gentile - on an individual basis.

"God is able to graft them in Again".

11 I say then, they did not stumble so as to fall, did they? May it never be [/quote]! But by their transgression salvation has come to the Gentiles, to make them jealous.

12 Now if their transgression is riches for the world and their failure is riches for the Gentiles, how much more will their fulfillment be!

Rom 11
    13 But I am speaking to
    you who are Gentiles. Inasmuch then as I am an apostle of Gentiles, [b]I magnify my ministry,
    14 if somehow I might
    move to jealousy my fellow countrymen and save some of them. [/b]

So this chapter DOES deal with INDIVIDUAL salvation and can NOT be spun around to only speak to "national acceptance".