1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Eugenics Moves to the Twenty-First Century

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by poncho, Sep 3, 2007.

1. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

From the elimination of undesirables from the human race; mass culling in the name of saving the earth; to altering the genetic code of humanity with advanced technology; eugenics has moved into a new era.

What is eugenics?
    The word eugenics comes from the Greek words eus (good or well) and genēs (born) meaning "well born". The American Heritage dictionary of the English language describes eugenics as, "The study of hereditary improvement of the human race by controlled selective breeding." Sir Francis Galton was the man who coined the term, and developed the first eugenic policies. Galton expressed distress at the lack of emphasis on the betterment of the human race during his time, comparing men and women of his day to "pariah dogs". In 1864, Galton wrote in an article titled "Hereditary Character and Talent," published in two parts in MacMillan's Magazine,

"If a twentieth part of the cost and pains were spent in measures for the improvement of the human race that is spent on the improvement of the breed of horses and cattle, what a galaxy of genius might we not create! We might introduce prophets and high priests of civilization into the world, as surely as we can propagate idiots by mating cretins. Men and women of the present day are, to those we might hope to bring into existence, what the pariah dogs of the streets of an Eastern town are to our own highly-bred varieties."

The history of eugenics in America is filled with controversy and harrowing stories of forced sterilization throughout many U.S. states. In 2002 Mark R. Warner, the governor of Virginia issued an apology for the thousands of individuals that the state had sterilized from 1924 to 1979. USA Today reported on the governors statement,

"With the governor's statement Thursday, Virginia becomes the only of the 30 states that conducted eugenics sterilizations to apologize. There are believed to be more than 60,000 eugenics victims nationwide.

'Today, I offer the commonwealth's sincere apology for Virginia's participation in eugenics,' Warner said.
    'As I have previously noted, the eugenics movement was a shameful effort in which state government never should have been involved," he said. 'We must remember the commonwealth's past mistakes in order to prevent them from recurring.'"

The aristocratic, wealthy elite of America played a central role in the development of eugenics in America and abroad. Two such elite families are the Rockefellers and the Carnegies.

CONTINUE...

And you probably thought it was the Nazi's that started the eugenics movement.

2. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Bump......

3. betterthanideserve

betterthanideserve New Member

No actually brother I have been studing the AMERICAN EUGENICS movement for about 20 years and you are correct,read "Better for all the world"and you will continue to be suprised,one of our most honored and revered supreme court justices,Oliver Wendell Holmes said"It is better for all the world,three generations of imbeciles is enough"soeaking of the american eugenics movements forced sterilization program.....
    You are correct in stating that the Nazi's got the idea from the US Dr. Donovan in Cold Springs Harbor,New york State in the early 1920's
    But you see your going to hit a brick wall again because people refuse to see and have no desire to hear the truth about our country's history.
    They have been fed many,many lies and it requires a true search for truth as well as a shift in their paradigm,but I'll help you to get the truth out for as long as we are able.:applause:

4. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Fascism was all the rage here at one time too. Modern public relations was born here also and the Nazi's adopted Edward Bernays program and used it to destroy what was left of the German Republic and rally it's people to invade Poland. The History Channel, elite propaganda outlet that it is these days has finally admited that Hitler used false flag attacks to accomplish it.

Nowadays Bernays program is used to sell us everything from dish soap to the latest wars. I wish people weren't so gullible but then when they've been fed a steady diet of lies and halftruths by the folks they were taught to trust via Bernays' public relations I guess the truth tastes strange to them.

The Nazi's learned alot from our eastern establishment elite. They never seemed to learn how to go slow and use the Hegelian dialectic and many small steps approach to world domination. That was what brought them down in the end I reckon.

#4 poncho, Sep 6, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2007