1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Evangelical leader Dobson leaving radio show

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Crabtownboy, Oct 31, 2009.

1. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    To everything there is a season ...................

2. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    We often hear that Dr. So-and-so is irreplaceable.

Well, that just isn't true. One of the priorities of a great leader is to prepare so one to take over in his absence.

I think this is a problem we have in Evangelical Christianity. We all to often look to a man, when we should be looking at the Message.

Pastors, who would lead you church in an extended time should your presence be required elsewhere?

3. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I can't say that I will miss him. I enjoy listening to Bible based programing such as Grace to You, Turning Point, or In Touch.

4. NiteShift

NiteShift New Member

I will miss Dr Dobson, though I didn't get to hear him very often. He promoted traditional values, and did as much as anyone to inform people about abortion and other issues in the courts. He gave helpful advice regarding problems within the family, and as a psychologist he had dealt with most of them in a counseling setting. Some complain that he should not have taken political stands, but he wasn't a pastor. He was a Christian who was concerned about the direction our country was headed.

5. sag38

sag38 Active Member

I like Dr. Dobson. Recently, he's been a little over the top but over all he's been spot on. I'm sure there are a lot of the ungodly who love to see him go.

6. Johnv

Johnv New Member

I've always found Dobson to be great, but I believe his best years are well behind him. He lost a fair amount of credibility when he went on the "Elmo supports the gay lifestyle" tirade several years ago. It was almost like when Falwell ranted about the Teletubbies being gay. Between that and his claim that 9-11 was partially the fauls to the gay community, it was clear that his decline was in full swing.