1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Evangelism Quiz

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by evangelist6589, Aug 17, 2014.

1. Bob Dudley

Bob Dudley New Member

Having trained many missionaries, I can tell you, the main reason they do not win people to Christ in the mission field is because they do not know how to. Jesus said, "And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me." (John 12:32) When the gospel is given, there WILL be people that WILL respond. God's gospel is ALWAYS fruitful. Using the parable of the soils, all 4 soils show up everywhere - from the Bible belt, USA to the middle of communist China.

John, I signed up for AIM years ago. Don't really use it much. And, despite the protests of my 4 adult children, I have never been an Apple person.

2. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

It has the unique advantage of identity protection and more powerful chat abilities over that of the FB interface. You know how many times I have been stalked or had to block people on FB? Too many.

3. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Bob.

Are you open to reading a book? If so I have one for you to read. I read Arminian and non CAL BOOKS to see what they say.

Read one of these

Todays Evangelism by Ernest Reisinger
    Chosen by God by RC Sproul

When I do street evangelism I pray for my witness to fall into the hears or eyes of the elect. I pray for my testimony and to be bold and confident in the gospel. I then leave the rest to God. Plenty of times I go out and the Holy Spirit gives me peace and enjoyment despite not having led anyone to Christ because I trust in Gods sovereignty in salvation. As long as I am not a stumbling block and I preach an accurate gospel presentation.

A few times out I have not been a good testimony and God convicted me of my sin. So I go out and refuse to be a bad stumbling block for people. But even a bad stumbling block can be used to draw the elect just as Jonah was and God brought his elect to salvation.

This book TELL THE TRUTH by Metzger is showing to be a real winner on the topic of evangelism.

#23 evangelist6589, Aug 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2014
  4. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hey Jordan I know you have no money so do you want me to send you some tracts? PM your address. The fellowship tract league has many good tracts some LAW based and others HELL based just like the good old fire based puritans.

They are very good gospel tracts and hit the bone of the soul often. I like them. Some seem to be written by Armin and others by Calvinist as some bank on the sinners prayer and others ignore it.