1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Even this puppy wasn’t safe from America’s opioid crisis

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by KenH, Oct 29, 2017.

1. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    “At some point, he noticed Zoey had lunged toward an empty cigarette box that had been discarded near a tree — and then put it in her mouth. He bent down to try to take the package away from her.

“I was concerned about the tinfoil,” Thibault told The Washington Post. “She’s ingested a lot of strange stuff since we’ve had her . . . Labs are notorious for eating stuff.”

Less than a minute after he had wrested the cigarette box out of her mouth, Zoey fell over.”

Even this puppy wasn’t safe from America’s opioid crisis

2. LowOiL

LowOiL Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
  3. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Kinda off subject but makes me think: If only Kim Jong-Un would start torturing puppies we wouldn’t have to worry about the liberal backlash for taking the responsibility to deal with this guy’s agendas when it comes to justifying it afterward.

4. Use of Time

Use of Time Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I.....what?

5. Benjamin

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    IOWs, first, the liberals would be on board for justifying an attack on North Korea if it were about puppies. (sarcastic, but true IMO) Relating to, I expect a WHOLE LOT of rhetoric from the liberals after this thing comes down towards making out Trump the insane war mongering murderer.

But the point being, time and again I see people getting worked up and lots of publicity about puppies where they don't when its about people and find that slant very sad. Example, ("this made me think") thousands of people dying from these drugs and the news of a puppy OD-ing on them gets front page. Or ever notice how when someone asks for prayer for a lost or injured dog they often get more responses than they would for for a human? OR hearing of someone drowns a litter of pups and people want the person thrown in jail for life yet abortion is okay for them. Or, and many get on this bandwagon, but, convicting a person for murder of an unreasoning police dog that was attacking them as if it were a human officer. I just think something is serious messed up with putting animal's rights and safety above humans.

I've often said, before we more seriously got involved with putting an end to ISIS and radical Islamist, thanks to Trump, that if they started torturing puppies instead of Christians we'd have done something about it under Obama. KNow what I mean?

But...Its okay if you don't get my sarcasm... ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Use of Time

Use of Time Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Lol...alrighty then. Puppies :Roflmao

7. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Click bate to try to get you to sign up for a subscription to the Washington Post. :Rolleyes:Rolleyes:Rolleyes

8. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, but puppies are a lot more lovable than most people.

Remember, "A Dog is Man's best friend." (Probably because he wags his tail instead of his tongue.)

As Groucho Marx put it, "Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it is too dark to read." :D:D:D:D:D

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    "Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in." - Mark Twain

• Like Like x 1
  10. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have had lots of dogs. They are not unreasoning.

11. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    A person can care about people AND animals at the same time. It is not an either/or proposition.

"Whoever is righteous has regard for the life of his beast, but the mercy of the wicked is cruel." - Proverbs 12:10 ESV

12. Benjamin

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    As a pretty well known long time breeder of a super athletic large rare breed I'm afraid you either missed my point or are under the delusion that you can "reason" your way free from getting mauled by an attack dog that has been sicced on you. If so, my advice to you is not to count on it having any effect whatsoever. ;).

13. Benjamin

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    All I can say to that is that perhaps you should probably read what I wrote again, because I didn't say anything about "caring" or not caring about animals but specifically addressed putting animals "above" humans. I would consider putting animals rights to be equal to humans as a serious sin (the Bible is clear we dominion over them) and I would not want to answer to God for my using extremely harsh judgment and/or administering sever punishment because of using a worldly philosophy concerning that "equality".

14. Reynolds

Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    They would be all for dropping nukes on the palace.