1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Evolutionists in their own words

Discussion in 'Science' started by Gup20, Mar 19, 2005.

1. Gup20

Gup20 Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    While I don't normally quote evolutionists, I will make this exception as it quite clearly demonstrates the overall goal and purpose of evolutionary teaching.

"Evolutionist Quote of the Week

“Christianity has fought, still fights, and will fight science to the desperate end over evolution, because evolution destroys utterly and finally the very reason Jesus’ earthly life was supposedly made necessary. Destroy Adam and Eve and the original sin, and in the rubble you will find the sorry remains of the son of god. Take away the meaning of his death. If Jesus was not the redeemer that died for our sins, and this is what evolution means, then Christianity is nothing.”

– G. Richard Bozarth, The Meaning of Evolution, American Atheist, p. 30, Sept. 20, 1979. "

2. UTEOTW

UTEOTW New Member

I guess when you do not have an answer to the questions posed to you, you just go off quoting people.

Is the problem that AIG nor ICR cover the questions I have posed to you? That's a shame.

In any case, just who is this fellow and why do you find his opinion important? Certainly you do not think that an athiest's opinion means anything when speaking of Christianity! That would be a fallacious appeal to authority. For that matter, does anyone here even know who this guy is to decide if his opinion is worth considering in any case? This sounds like some paranoid guy afraid of Christianity for some reason or at least someone with an axe to grind.

And you know, of course, that such quotes have absolutely no bearing on whether the facts support evolution, young earth creationism or something else. I guess that also makes this line of reasoning fallacious on the grounds that it is an attempt to distract from the real issues.

But when you cannot answer the issues, I suppose distraction is an important tool even if fallacious.

The problem is that if you think this guy is worth quoting, and given that you are unable to factually support your postion, it sounds as if you are trying to get people to turn against Christianity. That is surely a strange thing for you to do.

3. UTEOTW

UTEOTW New Member

If you are going to quote, then I have one for you. St. Augustine.

from The Literal Interpretation of Genesis [A.D. 408]

4. Paul of Eugene

Paul of Eugene New Member

The overall goal of all scientists is to investigate the facts and form theories that explain the world around us in as objective a manner as possible, not depending on opinions of men, but on the evidence.

In Geology and Astronomy, that objective quest has led to the knowledge that our earth and universe are billions of years in age.

In Biology and Paleontology that objective quest has let to the knowledge that life has a history of common descent.