1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ex-Muslim, former christian, finding Jesus again.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by WorshipLogos, Jan 11, 2021.

1. WorshipLogos

WorshipLogos New Member

Faith:
    Seeking Christ
    Due to my own safety concerns for the time present I have to leave a lot of details out of this post, but i'll do my best to write the most important information. So I'm a middle aged straight white male, my family is originally catholic, I left my religion at a young age mainly due to family issues resulting in my parents divorcing at a young age, no importance from family to be religious or understand it, at a young age i decided i wasn't comfortable with the nuns at Sunday school and stopped going. After a while I began studying Islam and became a Muslim for many years, this includes me studying that religion in depth. After a while the issues I started to have with Islamic texts became ever so frequent, it took me to a total fallout with religion and God, I eventually got to the point of being a nihilist atheist with no purpose to life, I also could not and can not exactly tell people my story, because one thing I realized about Islam is once you join, you join for life, literally. There is a death penalty for leaving/disbelieving in it.

Anyways, I have spent the later part of 4 years watching numerous documentaries, lectures, courses, discussions on everything from religion, to science, to magic and any and every other subject. Eventually i was stuck in the intellectual dark web Listening to Joe Rogan, then watching Jordan Peterson, while simultaneously testing the waters of psychedelic drugs, with lots of time and research and one can say person revelation, I came to similar conclusions (or the lack thereof without proper thought first) about Jesus, The Logos, The Bible, etc. Meaning I do wholeheartedly believe in Jesus Christ as the lord and savior. I knew this thing to be true deep down inside and have no doubt about that.

I'm not sure where to start because on one hand I can understand the sociological and political advantage of the Catholic church, and since Catholics consider Dr. Peterson a Catholic even without saying so, it seemed like the best choice, especially considering that's where my roots go back to, but I have a problem with the Pedophile nature of the situation faced in the church and the lack of action to correct it etc. So, then I thought let me see what a Baptist is because I'm an American, and when I googled the difference between Catholicism and Baptist I couldn't find much of a difference, and thought it seemed like a good place to start.

I guess the question I have is, how does one decide on which denomination or group? Is it important?

Second question would be, especially because i love studying and would love to continue my education in relation to something related to Christianity, is there any recommended courses I can take? Are their any recommended Majors I should look into? Are there any types of scholarships I can find?

Considering my current state of safety I can say for now my privacy situation can't change, but eventually I need to break free of these bonds and use my experience and knowledge to help guide the young who may be in the situation I was in and how to guide them to the right way without wasting their lives, and potentially living in fear. So, wish me the best.

I guess any suggestions, words of advice, help, prayer, would be very helpful.

Thank you in advance.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Glerse

Glerse New Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I found the truth from reading the Bible itself. And there you would know the truth.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Martin Marprelate

Martin Marprelate Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The differences between Roman Catholicism and evangelic Christianity as understood by the Baptists are vast and fundamental, so before you think about academic study you need fully to understand the Person and work of Christ and the way of salvation.

Certainly reading the Bible is your first step, but may I also suggest to you a little booklet called Around the Wicket Gate by C.H. Spurgeon (Christian Heritage Books, ISB 978-0-90673-154-3)? Spurgeon was a great Baptist Pastor and preacher in the 19th Century.

• Like Like x 1
  4. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    There are different views among Baptists. But essentually Baptist teaching is the New Testament itself, Ephesians 2:12-20. 1 John 5:9-13. See my signature below my post too.

5. SGO

SGO Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Thank you for sharing your story.

Yes reading the bible a lot is very good advice.

Just you, the word of God, and God.
    Talk to Him a lot too.
    Say what ever is on your mind to Him, even when you are upset:

Casting all your care upon him;
    for he careth for you.
    1 Peter 5:7

He will never leave you or forsake you:

for he hath said,
    I will never leave thee,
    nor forsake thee,
    Hebrews 13:5

Ingesting mass quantities of the word of God and prayer will allow God to guide you more easily.

Thy word is a lamp unto my feet,
    and a light unto my path.
    Psalm 119:105

There is a section on this forum about schools:

Baptist Colleges & Seminaries

6. rlvaughn

rlvaughn Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    WorshipLogos, welcome to the Baptist Board. I hope you find it a blessing and a help in your search.

7. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Praise God for you coming out of the darkness of Islam to the Lord Jesus now!
    Have you seen the YouTube videos of Dr Jay Smith, Al Fadi, and Christian Prince regarding Islam?
    And there are BIG differences between the Baptist and the catholic in theology and practices!