1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Exactaly where in the Bible.....

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Salty, May 21, 2023.

1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    In another thread I asked one simple question - which was NEVER answered.
    (and many answers for non-Questions!)

I used certain doctrines as examples -
    So here lets talk about the following doctrines -
    If you only want to touch on one or two - that's fine

BUT here is the exact question I am asking:

EXACTLY WHERE IN SCRIPTURE DOES THE BIBLE GIVE A DEFINITE ANSWER
    FOR THE FOLLOWING DOCTRINES?

C-A
    open vs closed communion
    single pastor vs elder led
    7th day vs 1st day worship vs "makes no difference"
    young age vs old age creation
    non-affiliated vs affiliated groups
    Communion - grape juice or wine
    Churches that use only the KJV vs other versions
    local church only vs the church which includes a "Univ" church
    Pre-trib vs mid trib vs post trib
    Tithe required vs "grace" giving

• Like Like x 1
  2. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    1) No need for me to present the verses that demonstrate both view are unbiblical yet again. No one ever actually discusses these truths.

2) Our communion should be open to all professing Christians, whether in reality wheat or tares, as Paul says we should take that opportunity to evaluate ourselves to see if we are "of the faith." 2 Cor. 13:5

2 Corinthians 13:5
    Test yourselves to see if you are in the faith; examine yourselves! Or do you not recognize this about yourselves, that Jesus Christ is in you—unless indeed you fail the test?

3. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    3) Single Pastor or Elder led congregation. Each local assembly should be led by several Elders (leaders) Titus 1:5

4. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Christ arose on Sunday, not Saturday. So we Christians should gather on Sunday and at other times as we follow God's plan for our lives. Romans 14:5-9

5. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I do not believe the bible specifically tells us whether God created everything in 6 24 hour days, or 6 indeterminate intervals of time. The Hebrew word translated "day" is used for both meanings. OTOH, Job 38 clearly teaches we were not there and therefore do not know.

6. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    On this, the written word is silent.
    On this matter, so stated, the written word is silent.
    Romans 14:5, ". . . One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind. . . ."
    Genesis 1:1, John 1:1-3. "In the beginning . . ."
    2 Corinthians 6:14, ". . . Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: . . ."
    Luke 22:18, ". . . the fruit of the vine, . . ."
    And Luke 22:20, ". . . cup . . . .", Matthew 26:27, Mark 14:23, and 1 Corinthians 11:25. {The Greek term translated wine was never used regarding this rite}
    Luke 4:4, ". . . That man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of GOD. . . ." At issue.
    The terms, neither "local" or "Univ[ersal]" are used to describe "the body of Christ" in the written word of God.
    Matthew 24:29-30, ". . . Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken: And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. . . ."
    Acts of the Apostles 1:11, ". . . this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven. . . .

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Born anew believers form the body of "called out" church members. Each part of the priesthood of believers, authenticated by God and not needing a affiliation confirmed by human pundits. 1 Peter 2:4-10

8. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Communion, it does not matter what we eat and drink, only that we consider Christ's broken body, and His sacrificed life which provides the New Covenant of salvation by grace through faith.

9. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There is no basis for forming cults based on the clever stories of men in scripture. In fact the NT teaches that the powers that were in charge suppressed God's gospel of good news, manufacturing all sorts of falsehoods to condemn Christ and His disciples. The KJV was used by God to carry His word to many English speaking people over hundreds of years. But our language has changed and so we need words and phrased of today to convey God's word today.

10. JD731

JD731 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist

So God must keep up with the times, eh? Somewhere I read a commandment to not destroy the ancient landmarks and another that said The Lord gave the word: great was the company of those that published it Ps 68:11

Some of those things are not doctrinal but falls under the law of liberty.

11. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Pre-tribulation rapture is very clearly taught in Matthew 24.

Jesus speaks of a great tribulation that His followers shall endure, “immediately” after that tribulation He returns, sends His angels to collect the elect and then comes the great throne judgment.

It is also definitive, in my opinion, that there is no 1000 year reign on the earth based on this passage.

Revelation does not say there is a 1000 year reign on the earth. It says those faithful martyrs who died during the tribulation will reign with Jesus for a 1000 years. That reign is in heaven.

peace to you

12. Alan Gross

Alan Gross Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist

Salty said: In another thread I asked one simple question - which was NEVER answered.

Alan said: Which one of these two questions you asked was the "one simple question"?

"why are there 57* varieties of Baptists?"

and
    "which group of Baptist are the true baptists?"

at: Who were the First Baptists?

Salty said: If that is the case then why are there 57* varieties of Baptists?

and many of those doctrines are in direct opposition - for example:

C-A
    open vs closed communion
    single pastor vs elder led
    7th day vs 1st day worship vs "makes no difference"
    young age vs old age creation
    non-affiliated vs affiliated groups
    ect
    So which group of Baptist are the true baptists?
    You did not ask for any scripture.

Alan said: NOW, you are asking,

"EXACTLY WHERE IN SCRIPTURE DOES THE BIBLE GIVE A DEFINITE ANSWER FOR THE FOLLOWING DOCTRINES?"

I appreciate you bringing your dirty laundry from the Baptist History forum over here but, for the sake of honesty, why didn't you bring it over correctly?

Salty said: BUT here is the exact question I am asking:

EXACTLY WHERE IN SCRIPTURE DOES THE BIBLE GIVE A DEFINITE ANSWER FOR THE FOLLOWING DOCTRINES?

I one simple question - which was NEVER answered.

Alan said: I gave a pretty good "DEFINITE ANSWER FOR THE FOLLOWING DOCTRINES" on several of the subjects on all the doctrines you listed that you did actually ask,
    to help you see why there are 57 varieties of Baptists and to identify which is the true church, etc.

So, I'm ahead of you on your new question.

Salty said: (and many answers for non-Questions!)

Alan said:...more fully than you asked.

And, if I didn't tell you before, you are welcome.

13. Alan Gross

Alan Gross Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
  14. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If I treated others the way I am treated, this would be my reply:

"So you (JD731) do not believe God can keep up with the times, eh? Somewhere I read a commandment to choose our words wisely." Proverbs 25:11

Note that these sort of misrepresentations are the stock and trade of those running from truth.

15. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Pre-trib vs mid trib vs post trib:

And we can toss in "pre-wrath" for when scripture teaches Christ from the clouds will snatch up His chosen ones.

Matthew 24:22
    “And if those days had not been cut short, no life would have been saved; but for the sake of the chosen ones those days will be cut short.

"Those days" appears to refer to the Great Tribulation. Thus before that period ends, (or is expected to end) many believe the church will be raptured. And scripture is also clear we do not now know when it will occur, but we should live as if it is imminent.

As you are probably aware, many scholars have come to very different conclusions, ie cut short means the rapture occurs before or during or when the Great Tribulation is prematurely ended. I will stick with we do not know so we should stay prepared.

16. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Should we "tithe?" The New Testament indicates we should prayerfully decide what we can give to our Lord, without any specific amount such as 10% (or 23%) as required under the Old Covenant.

2 Corinthians 9:6-7
    Now I say this: the one who sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and the one who sows generously will also reap generously.
    Each one must do just as he has decided in his heart, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    We do not know specifically when the rapture occurs, but we do know from the clear teaching of Matthew 24 that it will occur after the tribulation because it literally says “after the tribulation”… Christ returns, the elect are gathered, and then the great throne judgment.

peace to you

18. Marooncat79

Marooncat79 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  19. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Which verse is that?