1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

EXCLUSIVE: GOOGLE EMPLOYEES DEBATED BURYING CONSERVATIVE MEDIA IN SEARCH

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Revmitchell, Nov 30, 2018.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Google employees debated whether to bury conservative media outlets in the company’s search function as a response to President Donald Trump’s election in 2016, internal Google communications obtained by The Daily Caller News Foundation reveal.

The Daily Caller and Breitbart were specifically singled out as outlets to potentially bury, the communications reveal.

Trump’s election in 2016 shocked many Google employees, who had been counting on Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton to win.

Communications obtained by TheDCNF show that internal Google discussions went beyond expressing remorse over Clinton’s loss to actually discussing ways Google could prevent Trump from winning again.

EXCLUSIVE: Google Employees Debated Burying Conservative Media In Search

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Google, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube--all owned by the Masters of the Universe in Silicon Valley.

Conservatives are either going to have to build alternative platforms or they are going to have to regulate Silicon Valley with anti-trust laws. I myself am for doing both. The GOP is not going to be much help on this issue. Stefan Molyneux pointed out that people such as Florida Senator Marco Rubio did not even know who Alex Jones is.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think they're already acted on it.

I use the Google News app quite frequently on my phone. Sources for articles that frequent the headlines are written by NY Times, WaPo, Vox, the Atlantic, HuffPo, NBC, etc.

Even though I avoid clicking on these stories and instead choose Fox, WSJ, NY Post I'm still presented stories from these leftist sources. Google's AI is supposed to learn my preferences and adjust accordingly.

Yes, I know this is Google's news app and not the search engine, but still.

The MSN news app is even worse.

The AP News app is probably the least left wing of the bunch, but I still see bias occasionally.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. RighteousnessTemperance&

RighteousnessTemperance& Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks for posting this. I do have to say that I like that they called it an "exclusive." I bet they were worried that WaPo, NYT, or MSNBC might somehow scoop them on this!:Sneaky