1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Exit strategy

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Revmitchell, Feb 19, 2009.

1. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

Baloney! We've had warriors in Afghanistan the entire time we've been In Iraq. The needs in Iraq were much greater than Afghanistan. The situation in Iraq now is greatly improved and we have and can down size that effort. The needs in Afghanistan are, for the moment, increasing so we're responding to it. It seems to me your boy Obama is doing what your enemy Bush would have likely done at this point.

2. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

I already admitted I have no definition of that term but it is the one we have operated under since being there. IOW, Obama didn't make the goal getting the job done, he inherited a way whose goal was getting the job done. One month into his administration and with the world economy collapsing he has yet to redefine our mission. Perhaps he'll solve the wars in his second month...

3. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Iraq needed us to invade them???

Improved from before we invaded or improved from the mess we create by invading?

4. targus

targus New Member

I just find it interesting that in your opinion Obama has not "redifined our mission" in Afghanistan and yet you are fine with sending thousands of more troops.

Perhaps he saw the success of the surge in Iraq (that he criticized and said would not work) and decided to follow the lead of George Bush in Afghanistan.

5. targus

targus New Member

Yes, the people of Iraq needed to be delivered from the hands of their dictator that was murdering the people by the thousands each month.

Iraq is better off with a more democratic form of government than they were under their now dead (and good riddance) dictator.

The entire region will be better off if democracy spreads throughout the neighboring countries.

6. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

Exactly!

When it was Bush and Iraq all we heard was that the democrats were cutting and running. Now that it's President Obama and Afghanistan, it's different. Can you spell: HYPOCRISY!

7. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

Yes, yes, no!

8. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

And who is it that is calling it different? Who is calling for an exit at all in fact?

9. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Dragonfly!

10. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

The need for more troop in Afghanistan was there long before Obama took office. Bush was going to send more troops also. Obama is being a responsible leader carrying on the decisions of the past administration until he can get his arms fully around the situation.

I criticized the surge in Iraq because we had no business being in Iraq. It's like a guy lighting your house on fire then expecting you to praise he new fire hose that worked well putting the fire out. Where I can appreciate the fire hose, I would have preferred he not put fire to my house.

11. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

What they want if for Obama to leave early so they can use it against him in 2012. They will then say he didn't defend us because he left active terrorism and brought our troops home. The problem is a blind man can see through these tactics...

12. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

No one ever said the republicans are smart. Look at the last election result for proof. They just don't get that conservatism is on the decline, thank God!

13. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

I didn't say he pulled all the troops out of Afghanistan. I think he pulled out about 50%. Just enough to almost pull defeat from the jaws of victory.

14. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

So who is it that wants him to leave early?

15. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

Looks like a personal attack to me. Wonder if it'll be deleted.

16. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

You have to consider the source. I guess the difference it some people know that they are sometimes hypocritical (dragonfly) and some people don't (OldRegular). Besides, I think it was posted in fun, and I must admit it was a good come back.

I hope we don't lose the ability to have fun here. Life is serious enough as it is.

17. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

No. Only "liberal" posts are deleted.

18. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

Defeat? We're not being defeated! The ultimate liberal dream hasn't come true in either Iraq or Afghanistan. I do understand the anti-war supporters reluctance to aknowledge the good successes in Iraq and, instead, focus on this development in Afghanistan as if it denotes some kind of failure. Things have turned out much better than they ever thought it would in Iraq so now there's not much negative news to leverage there so it's time to go find something in Afghanistan. It's a difficult war - no supporters of it ever said it wouldn't be - but we're doing just fine despite the lack of support and resolve among many Americans.

#58 Dragoon68, Feb 21, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2009
  19. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

The ones demanding his exit strategy after being in office one month.

20. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

That would be a twisting of those words. No one is demanding his exit strategy. I asked where it was since it was so important for Bush to have. When it comes to libbies it is do as I say not as I do.