1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Expelled the Movie

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Sk8rMom, May 10, 2008.

1. Sk8rMom

Sk8rMom New Member

Has anyone seen this movie/documentary w/Ben Stein? I saw it last weekend and found it to be eye opening ... I did not realize that to be a scientist, you must also be an evolutionist ... craziness!!

So if you saw it, what are your thoughts? :jesus:

2. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's a good movie IMO.

For those who don't know, it's about "intelligent design" vs evolution and the "Big Bang" as the origin of matter and life.

Ben Stein shows and documents that if you are a scientist and support intelligent design then you will probably lose your job. He has a terrific sense of humor which he uses in this documentary.

Intelligent design means just that.
    Belief in Intelligent design doesn't necessarily require a Judeo-Christian view of a personal God to whom we have to give an account but does acknowledge that origins are the result of intelligence and not a random process just happening to result in life.

Its at very least a step in the right direction.

My opinion of course.

HankD

3. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Going to see it on Thursday. Our church had to buy an entire theater in order to get it back because it's gone here in NY.

4. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Does anybody know if there is a way to see this movie without going to the theater ?
    Like maybe in the computer or something ?
    Do you all think we might be seeing this movie in dvd ?

5. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

You might have problems if you're working on something that involves cosmology or evolution but there are a lot of different scientists and engineers out there that never face the issue. I've been an engineer for over 30 years working in the communications area and have never faced it. I think the paranoia about the world discriminating against Christians is becoming a bit overdone.

6. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We know but it goes on anyway.

7. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Maybe, I am a contract software architect/engineer myself and for the most part I personally have not lost any contracts (as far as I know) because of my "values".

But, it's still a good documentary and shows that some at least have lost their positions, even professors with years of tenure.

HankD