1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Experienced any Supernatural Encounters with EVIL?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by ROBERTGUWAPO, Sep 20, 2005.

1. Gwen

Gwen Active Member

Thanks, everyone, for your imput. I guess my gut feeling is that it is not of God, but I don't know for sure. I'll keep praying.

2. JWI

JWI New Member

Thanks to everyone for listening to my story, that was no joke. I worry telling that story that people will think I am unstable or a liar. But it was true.

I have another amazing story that was told me by my pastor. I believe it to be true. It was told him by his pastor when he was serving as an Assistant Pastor in Kentucky.

It has been a few years since I heard this story, so I might be a little off here or there.

My pastor's pastor and another young pastor were to attend a conference in Michigan. They left in the evening in the church van, planning to arrive in Michigan early the next morning.

Around midnight they were tired from many hours on the road and decided to stop at a truck stop, get a bite to eat and take a rest break. They were sitting in a booth taking their break when a tall young man with long, black hair over his shoulders and wearing black leather from head to toe came into the restaurant asking who owned the van in the parking lot. The van was the church van.

My pastor's pastor invited this young man to sit and chat with them, which he did. At some point in the conversation my pastor's pastor looked the young man straight in the eyes and asked, "You are a demon from Hell, aren't you?"

The young man looked my pastor's pastor in the eyes and said, "Yes, I am, and YOU I don't like."
    Then he turned to the young pastor and said, "And YOU, I can HURT."

Then, the young man got up and walked out the door. The young pastor was very shaken and frightened by this experience. After a few minutes they decided to get back on the road.

Back on the highway again, they continued on their way when out of nowhere a small, totally black sports car approached from behind. This car got right on their bumper. They speeded up, slowed down, and pulled close to the edge to try to get this car off their bumper or allow it to pass, but it stayed right on their bumper at all times.

Finally, they pulled off the side of the highway. The small black car also pulled off and pulled up behind them. Both pastors were very alarmed. The elder pastor said, "Let's sing a song about the Blood of Christ." They both started singing a hymn, at which point the black car pulled out at great speed and passed them on the highway. Then, it simply vanished. It literally disappeared instantaneously.

They sat for a few minutes in shock. Finally, they pulled back on the highway and drove on. Suddenly, again from behind them this black sports car approached and got on their bumper. This time they started singing about the Blood of Christ without pulling over. The little car raced past them and again vanished from sight.

They did arrive in Michigan and both pastors called their wives to let them know they had arrived safely, and to tell them of this strange experience.

Both wives had similar stories. Both said they were very troubled about their husband's safety and could not sleep. Both had gotten out of bed at about the time of this incident and prayed to God to protect their husbands.

This story was told me by my pastor. He is as good a pastor as there is, I truly believe this story. And he told me his pastor in Kentucky was a very good man who would never lie to him.

I agree, people out of curiousity want to witness these things. But when they happen they are not quite as enjoyable as you might think. I did not enjoy my personal experience whatsoever.

But this is a fascinating story that I thought you might be interested in hearing.

3. 5xBlessed

5xBlessed New Member

I saw that. I guess the other judges failed to inform Simmons that the three previous winners along with the runner up from season 2 (Clay Aiken) all profess to be Christians.

Lucy

4. bapmom

bapmom New Member

oh, thats a wonderful testimony

5. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Maybe it's time for one of us skeptics to post here. The fascination with the supernatural and the occult I am reading here has more than one comparison. UFO's, Bigfoot, the fountain of youth, tresures of Atlantis, et al, et al. These obsessions and stories to get attention and be the hero, or the "discerning" one who knew what was happening without authenticated facts are very much alike. Any physical "proof" can be explained naturlistically, and then under duress or hypnosis the subject "recalls" certain things, or passes a polygraph test to show he actually did see or experience whatever he claims. Many people claiming UFO "abductions" have gone through this, and there is just as much 'evidence' as these demonic stories.

Skeptics usually don't expect to be taken seriously by people who have made their minds up about their paranormal experiences, but logical thinking people do consider every possibility, including the things you mentioned-- "mental illness, fatigue, hallucinations, response to medication." My sister once woke us all up late at night screaming, then she said a man was coming at her with a knife. No man was there, but my parents checked and found that she did take-- by accident, we hoped-- an extra medication pill from a prescription she had recently gotten. Are some of you going to claim this had to be demons and not physiological reactions from those chemicals?

More recently, I mentioned something to a friend of mine, who is a Christian, who tried to convince me that it was something supernatural. After my mother passed away and I bought out the other heirs for her house and kept many of her belongings still there, a chiming clock which had neither run nor chimed in years suddenly gave the full-hour chime. This friend tried to tell me that it must be my mother 'contacting' me. I told her what nonesense I thought her idea was, and she didn't take it well at all.

However, I am like all of you here in one sense-- I would actually like to think that I have some special spiritual discernment or abilities. But I will always presume stange occurances have explainable causes. Even if I can't explain them, I'm not going to assume supernatural. I can't prove it, of course, but that clock was likely wound just right to chime the hour for those idle years, and gradual deterioration or materials finally "gave" so it chimed. At least that's one possibility.

Some of these other things in this thread-- a 'disappearing' black car, for example-- there have been many times on the highway a car behind or beside me seemed to have vanished after I focused on something else for a second or less. If I felt determined to find out where it went, I almost always could finally spot it somewhere. To assume this is something paranormal is probably absurd. If a black car at night was driven by a punk who wanted to harass you, because you were driving a church van or for any reason, he may turn his lights off, and there would be near-nothing to be seen in the black of night. Don't be afraid to actually think instead of assume the old devil's out to get you.

6. TexasSky

TexasSky Guest

Alcott,

I don't mind healthy skepticism, however - I want to ask you - do you, or do you not, believe the bible?

If you do - why do you believe that demons and angels ceased to move in this world?

Many individuals who have had some experience that they label an encounter with either an angel or a demon are the kind of people who were skeptics until they experienced it, they are not prone to "bigfoot" stories. To label them all as such is more than judgemental, it is denying the fact that the spiritual world of the bible still exists today.

7. TexasSky

TexasSky Guest

Marcia,

I noticed that you seemed to be mocking the reference to the visitation from the wolf, and I wonder why. You're own personal testimony speaks of some things that would be very strange and very questionable to people who are not familiar with it. As to the form of the wolf - if you knew the culture of the tribe this event happened in, you would realize that to a member of that tribe the vision of the wolf was believed to be a vision from god. What better form for a demon to take if trying to convince unsaved of the tribe to follow Satan?

8. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, I believe the Bible. Now-- do you? Such as, the part about not bearing false witness, by saying in your next question that I claimed to believe something that I didn't?

9. JWI

JWI New Member

Alcott

I appreciate what you are saying. The story with the car disappearing was told me by my pastor. He is a completely honest man, and he told me his pastor in Kentucky was also very godly, so I believe this story.

Yes, sometimes our senses are fooled.

But in my original story I cannot come up with reasonable explanations. Despite some of these wierd stories I've told, I am a very rational, down to earth type. Boring really. :^) I am also very skeptical by nature and always look for a rational and normal explanation. I was always highly skeptical of stories like this until these events happened. Now, I am a little more open-minded when I hear stories like this.

10. OCC

OCC Guest

Evil encounters? I think I may have...even on this board...

11. SAMPLEWOW

SAMPLEWOW New Member

AMEN! Brother.

12. TexasSky

TexasSky Guest

Alcott,

I did not bear false wittness against you.
    You're post states I would actually like to think that I have some special spiritual discernment or abilities. But I will always presume stange occurances have explainable causes. .

That indicates that you do not believe such things occur today. If you meant something differently, explain what you mean, but don't accuse me of false wittness. Learn to say what you actually mean.

13. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

I think natural causes, however unlikely, should be completely ruled out by evidence before assuming a supernatural explanation. Occam's Razor is a good start in discerning truth. One way to state it is "Of two equivalent theories or explanations, all other things being equal, the simpler one is to be preferred."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occam's_Razor