1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Explain please ....

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Alofa Atu, Dec 23, 2019.

1. Alofa Atu

Alofa Atu Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Explain please ...

(the title says, "Another ridiculous Catholic ritual", though, even I have no idea what this person is doing to these kids (not sexual, I think ...)) - See this
    Link

2. Alofa Atu

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Seriously, any guesses as to what this is, or event, or 'ceremony'? I have never seen the link before in all my life, and cannot for the life of me, figure it out.

So, I am open to anyone's guess at this point, even if they are humorous guesses.

If any have similar video that they would like to post about such things, please share it here.

3. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    It looks like this false priest is what they call a CatholicCharsamatic.
    He is making believe he has special magical powers.
    He is trying to mimic the pentecostal false teachers by "laying on of hands" believing superstitiously that he is conferring The Power of the Spirit to these unsuspecting children.
    That is why he is violently shaking their heads.

4. Alofa Atu

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Ah, interesting take. Do you have any video of pentecostals that do something similar (or as violently, rapid shaking of the head by laying on of hands, as that seems rather extreme)?

I was thinking it had something to do with 'exorcism rites', in a strange fashion.

5. utilyan

utilyan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

You mean you guys don't get a head shake, smack on the head or kicked on the rear when you go to church?

Wow how boring. :rolleyes:

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. utilyan

Site Supporter

Any real rotten person can easily vilify any folks with cultural differences. For example how many folks can watch folks bit like yourself Alofa and then construe it all to some evil pagan worship?

Like if some group does a Haka war dance or whatever......oh obviously they worship Satan......

It gets old. The real worship of Satan is in the accusation of others.

7. Alofa Atu

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I would also be interested in any 'catholic' persons understanding of what is taking place in this video material linked. Also, if they may provide an official statement or link to said practice in the 'catholic' writings, and where such an practice may have originated, and its purpose. Thank you.

8. Alofa Atu

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Actually, no., uso utiliyan. You may see our worship, as common and standard, here:

A sabbath service:

a weekly Wednesday night prayer meeting:

a Bible study night:

An evangelistic series:

Camp-meeting:

I have never found the word of God boring, once I was born again. It is always powerful, moving, and intriguing, and most of all, truth.

A true Seventh-day Adventist (beware the hypocrites) has no need of external excitement to 'amp' the worship unto God, for out of the abundance of the heart of thanksgiving for salvation and redemption in Christ Jesus, we return praise and thanksgiving to God through song, obedience and love for His so great gifts.

9. Alofa Atu

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Malo. Beware the hypocrites and the ignorant uso utilyan. What is therein presented in the video you have provided has nothing to do with the true worship of the living God, and I am bold enough to state this, but is what is in the link I asked about in the OP the same for 'catholicism'? I am not condemning, I am simply asking. I truly desire to know what is going on in the OP link, and its origins. As an ex-catholic, I had never experienced anything like that which is presented in the video, and desire to know its origins, and purposes.

As for the video you provided, it is merely a 'cultural' (pagan) re-enactment by the 'ignorant' (they simply do not know better uso utilyan, and it is by the NAD, the most apostate among the divisions, and is not sanctioned by the word of God - at all). Sister White warned of those things that would take place in the church.

"... The things you have described as taking place in Indiana, the Lord has shown me would take place just before the close of probation. Every uncouth thing will be demonstrated. There will be shouting, with drums, and dancing. The senses of rational beings will become so confused that they cannot be trusted to make right decisions. And this is called the moving of the Holy Spirit. {5MR 107.3}

The Holy Spirit never reveals itself in such methods, in such a bedlam of noise. This is an invention of Satan to cover up his ingenious methods for making of none effect the pure, sincere, elevating, ennobling, sanctifying truth for this time. . . . A bedlam of noise shocks the senses and perverts that which if conducted aright might be a blessing. The powers of satanic agencies blend with the din and noise to have a carnival, and this is termed the Holy Spirit's working. . . .

-108- {5MR 107.4}

Those participating in the supposed revival receive impressions which lead them adrift. They cannot tell what they formerly knew regarding Bible principles. {5MR 108.1}

No encouragement should be given to this kind of worship. The same kind of influence came in after the passing of the time in 1844. The same kind of representations were made. Men became excited, and were worked by a power thought to be the power of God. They turned their bodies over and over, like a carriage wheel, claiming that they could not do this except by supernatural power. There was a belief that the dead were raised and had ascended to heaven. The Lord gave me a message for this fanaticism; for the beautiful principles of Bible truth were being eclipsed. {5MR 108.2}

Men and women, supposed to be guided by the Holy Spirit, held meetings in a state of nudity. They talked about holy flesh. They said they were beyond the power of temptation, and they sang, and shouted, and made all manner of noisy demonstrations. These men and women were not bad, but they were deceived and deluded. . . . {5MR 108.3}

Satan was molding the work, and sensuality was the result. The cause of God was dishonored. Truth, sacred truth, was leveled in the dust by human agencies. {5MR 108.4}

The authorities of the land interfered, and several of the ring leaders were incarcerated within prison walls. By those who were confined in prison this interference was termed persecution for the truth's sake, and thus truth was clothed with garments spotted with the flesh. . . . {5MR 108.5}

I presented the reproof of the Lord regarding this kind of work, showing

-109-

that its influence was making the truth objectionable and disgusting to the community. . . . {5MR 108.6}
    I bore my testimony, declaring that these fanatical movements, this din and noise, were inspired by the spirit of Satan, who was working miracles to deceive if possible the very elect.--Letter 132, 1900, pp. 5-8. (To Brother and Sister S. N. Haskell, October 10, 1900.) ..."​

We, who are true, have been sounding warning for many years, but there are always some, who do not desire to let go of the worldly ways, and think to bring it into the church. There are even those Samoan and Tongans who bring in chiefly (Matai) titles into church offices, though God does not acknowledge those things.

Look up the word 'palagi' and its meaning. Fa'afetai, uso utilyan.

Here is the Catholic version of the same thing, called 'fa'a Samoa':

#9 Alofa Atu, Dec 24, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2019
  10. Adonia

Adonia Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    This is one video of one priest at one parish somewhere and assure you, it is quite out of the ordinary in things Catholics do. The priest at the local level has some leeway in doing things and if there is a real problem with him doing this he does have a Bishop he must answer to. As a lifelong Catholic this is the first time I have seen such a thing, and there is no need to get all worked up about this. Good grief, he's only rubbing the heads of some folks in a vigorous manner - maybe he's just trying to dislodge some head lice?

Face it, you folks yourself are out of the Christian norm with some things you engage in as well, most notably your Saturday worship. I bet there are other instances where you are also in error.

#10 Adonia, Dec 25, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2019
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Alofa Atu

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I can accept that, but that still doesn't explain what it is that this person is doing, and whether anyone in hierarchy has done anything about it, such as question it, or even reprimand for it. I am more interested in what this person thinks that they are doing with young children's heads by shaking them from side to side like that.

I understand the part about the individual, and did not suggest that the whole of the 'catholic' priesthood did such a thing, and was pretty clear in the OP, in that I had never see anything like it and wanted to know what is going on, and why.

I was a life-long Catholic.

For me as well, which is what I stated.

Really? With all the sexual abuse, cover-ups, scandals from top to bottom, financial thefts, and all manner of things within the 'catholic' system, I find that a lone-priest, doing his own thing, such as violently shaking the heads of children quite disturbing, as I would find the same if a school teacher had done it, or even a child-care provider. People are arrested for 'shaken-baby'.

Pardon, your ignorance, but the video shows more than "rubbing the heads", as some are violently shaken from side to side with both hands of said 'priest'. Watch it again. It even shows him kicking a child with his foot, who is on the ground after the head shaking. It even shows the children covering their heads before approaching, as if in fear of what is coming. At the end of each shaken child, the priest then smacks them on the head, or back of the head with force to send the head flying forward.

Do you always attempt to cover such odd behaviour by asinine jokes?

You will have to be specific with example.

God is to be worshipped 24/7/365. Seventh-day Adventists rest and have convocation on the 7th day, God's sabbath ((sunset to sunset), which is not in technicality "saturday" (Roman pagan time, midnight to midnight)), yet never the less, as stated, we worship God in all days of the week, no matter their name, as the 4th Commandment (Exodus 20:8-11), which Romanism has sought to change the time and law of (Daniel 7:25), even by their own admission (Prompta Bibliotecha, etc), deals with all 7 days of the week, from Genesis.

I do not gamble, but you will have to simply provide the specific example.

However, the point of this thread is in addressing the OP first. Please let me know what this 'priest' person in the video is doing and why it is being done to the young in the 'laity'. I didn't ask you to defend it (it cannot be defended, it is unconscionable), I asked for explanation.

#11 Alofa Atu, Dec 25, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2019
  12. Adonia

Adonia Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Look, I am sure the parents of these kids know about this. It is up to them to make a complaint to the Bishop if they see a reason to. It is not my concern about what is happening here.

This subject has been discussed ad nauseum here before. The Christian tradition has been Sunday worship since the Apostles started doing it when they were alive. You are simply wrong.

13. Alofa Atu

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Let me see if I understood you and your logic correctly.

Parents who are complicit in a person of authority, nanny, au pair, sitter, or child care providers child abuse, sexual abuse, or 'shaken baby', should not be prosecuted, and as Cain to God in response about Abel, the idea is that you are not your brother's keeper, in saying, "it is not my concern about what is happening here?"​

Did I understand you and your logic correctly? Yes? No? If No, please explain where I misunderstood your reply and logic therein.

From a personal perspective, if I were such an parent, at such an location, and saw that happening, best be assured I would not stand to see my child/children or others so treated. Children are the gift of God, and a great responsibility to raise to the glory of God.

14. utilyan

Site Supporter

Its a joke. Sorry it went over your head.

In Catholic Church Children eagerly get in line to await getting their rear kicked. Part of the catholic ninja training for unexpected attack.

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Alofa Atu

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Please, take heed uso utilyan,

Job_21:3 Suffer me that I may speak; and after that I have spoken, mock on.​

Pro_14:9 Fools make a mock at sin: but among the righteous there is favour.​

The counsel is wisdom. If unheeded, then comes the reaping of what was sown, and one will always reap more than they sow, for it is the law of sowing and reaping from the beginning, some 30, some 60 and some 100 fold:

Pro_1:26 I also will laugh at your calamity; I will mock when your fear cometh;

16. utilyan

Site Supporter

I'm explaining its a joke to you. You don't need to get all sanctimonious, you lost the moral high ground when you walked in with a accusation, passive or not.

"Pro_1:26 I also will laugh at your calamity; I will mock when your fear cometh;"

Merry Christmas. I wish nothing but God's blessing to you and your family.

17. Alofa Atu

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Hmmm, "moral high ground". I thank God for the thought, and the reality - Calvary - Luke 23:33 KJB

Luk_23:33 And when they were come to the place, which is called Calvary, there they crucified him, and the malefactors, one on the right hand, and the other on the left.

Isa_6:1 In the year that king Uzziah died I saw also the Lord sitting upon a throne, high and lifted up, and his train filled the temple.​

Joh_12:32 And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me.

Isa_45:22 Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else.​

18. utilyan

Site Supporter

You mean you have so little respect and reverence for God you use him as ammo for your personal squabble.

Please, Grow up.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Alofa Atu

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    ??? I was showing that if anyone has the high moral ground it is JEHOVAH Elohiym, demonstrated at Calvary. Love is the high moral ground., uso. There was no assault here, just sharing a thought that came in result of your comment.

20. Alofa Atu

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Now that the 'catholics' amongst us, have had the opportunity to see the video clip, and taken significant time to comment in this thread, it would be much appreciated, if they would attempt to seriously and forthrightly explain the ritual, in what they at least think is going on, that may help in the research of the 'catholic' rites, rituals and religion. Thank you.