1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Extrabiblical Witness Of The Darkness At Jesus' Crucifixion

Discussion in 'History Forum' started by Enow, Aug 18, 2009.

1. Enow

Enow New Member

Below are the three Biblical references to those hours of darkness at Jesus's crucifixion to be followed by the link of the extrabiblical witness to that darkness at Jesus' crucifixion.

Matthew 27: 45Now from the sixth hour there was darkness over all the land unto the ninth hour. 46And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? that is to say, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?

Mark 15: 33And when the sixth hour was come, there was darkness over the whole land until the ninth hour. 34And at the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani? which is, being interpreted, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?

Luke 23: 44And it was about the sixth hour, and there was a darkness over all the earth until the ninth hour. 45And the sun was darkened, and the veil of the temple was rent in the midst. 46And when Jesus had cried with a loud voice, he said, Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit: and having said thus, he gave up the ghost.

http://www.christian-thinktank.com/jrthal.html

Matthew 18:But if he will not hear thee, then take with thee one or two more, that in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established.

2 Corinthians 13:This is the third time I am coming to you. In the mouth of two or three witnesses shall every word be established.

**Disclaimer**I have not perused the entire site of the informations that is available there so I cannot vouch for everything at that christianthinktank site. We should be discerning everything anyway no matter how "right on" a site or a believer may be.

I just wanted to share this one page from that site as I have found it to be interesting.:type: