1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Faith # 2

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by Brightfame52, May 31, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brightfame52

Brightfame52 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Something to know !

Something to know ! It is impossible for any sinner that Christ died for, to live and die an unbeliever. For such case would overthrow the purpose of God giving His Son Jn 3:16, and would have defeated the Purpose of His Saving Death. One scripture that confirms this Truth is the latter part of Rom 1:17

17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

The Just SHALL live by Faith !

The whole Truth of this stated assertion, hinges upon the word SHALL, a Promise of God's Word depending upon His Ability to perform it. Just like this statement Rom 4:20-21

20 He staggered not at the promise of God through unbelief; but was strong in faith, giving glory to God;

21 And being fully persuaded that, what he had promised, he was able also to perform.

The promise being Gen 18:10-14

10 And he said, I will certainly return unto thee according to the time of life; and, lo, Sarah thy wife shall have a son. And Sarah heard it in the tent door, which was behind him.

11 Now Abraham and Sarah were old and well stricken in age; and it ceased to be with Sarah after the manner of women.

12 Therefore Sarah laughed within herself, saying, After I am waxed old shall I have pleasure, my lord being old also?

13 And the Lord said unto Abraham, Wherefore did Sarah laugh, saying, Shall I of a surety bear a child, which am old?

14 Is any thing too hard for the Lord? At the time appointed I will return unto thee, according to the time of life, and Sarah shall have a son.

This is to Illustrate that God's Shall's are contingent upon His Ability to perform it.

So, that the Just shall live by Faith is of that same quality of promise !

Now who are the Just ? Its all whom Christ, by His Obedience made Righteous Rom 5:19

19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

The word Righteous here is the same word Just in Rom 1:17b the greek word dikaios.

So the conclusion is That all for whom Christ died [His Obedience] shall be made to live by Faith ! This is brought about by God's Ability !

• Like Like x 1
  2. 1689Dave

1689Dave Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    “The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:” Romans 8:16 (KJV 1900)

This happened to me when I first realized Christ saved me. And it created a problem for accepting all the legalistic free will versions of the gospel I've heard ever since. I did not choose to believe in Christ. The experience of His Spirit in my heart one day caused me to believe. And it continues today. I cherish the promise He makes when He says "I will never leave you or forsake you".

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    One cannot deny actually knowing God. But your argument as you have given it for believing comes across as pure irrational belief.

4. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    If you experience Christ, you cannot help but believe. Many people trust in their choice to believe in Him thinking it will save them. This is the same as choosing to be a Republican or Democrat. I wonder if these ever experience Christ firsthand as I do.

• Useful Useful x 1
  5. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Which Christ of which gospel? 2 Corinthians 11:4, ". . . For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him. . . ."

6. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    You don't share my experience. So I don't know how to call it. But I believe based on experiencing Christ in my heart as Paul says about the Spirit bearing witness with our spirit. This also leads me to adopt the Calvinist position about the New Birth preceding faith.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    That does not answer the question of which Christ of which gospel? You make me feel like I am speaking to a Mormon. But you are some type of Calvinist.

#27 37818, Jun 9, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2021
  8. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm a Calvinistic Baptist who experienced the New Birth one day and this caused me to believe in Christ. It was experience-based, not as many Catholics assume in their blind faith scheme.

9. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You still did not answer the question of which Çhrist of which gospel, 2 Corinthians 11:4? Are you really claiming not hear before you believed?

10. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    I heard a false gospel many times over the course of my life. The same one most have today. But when God sent His Spirit into my heart I knew it was Jesus and I began trying to understand my experience in scripture.

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    1689 London Confession Baptist mostly.

12. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    So the New Testament plus this in order to have the true Christ of the true gospel? Are you unable to answer the question of which Christ of what gospel yourself?

#32 37818, Jun 9, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2021
  13. atpollard

atpollard Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    It seems a dishonest question you are asking.
    • Are you genuinely seeking to know Jesus that you may have eternal life?
    • Is that why you ask about the “good news”? :rolleyes:

• Are you genuinely concerned that Dave is in danger of eternal damnation?
    • Is that why you are asking Dave which “Jesus” he follows? :Cool

• Do you have some less “Christian” reason to ask that question? :Cautious

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    No it is not. It teaches things the word of God does not teach. At best it is an interpertation.

15. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    The creed tells you basically what I believe. Only because it agreed with my experience. Today's false gospel is legalistic. You do this and God will supposedly do this in return. Tit for tat. It makes you the savior and God your "roadie".

16. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    FYI for the record I received Christ who died for my sins and who rose from the dead and ascended to heaven to be our mediator as my Savior in the summer of 1962. My question of which Christ of which gospel was made because of the mere claim of regeneration before belief. So what was the gospel that was heard by which he was regenerated before faith?

17. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    What does that mean?

18. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is the problem. You saved yourself by initiating your salvation according to Law. Which the gospel is not.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    It means the London Confession best describes my understanding of salvation. Also, had Christ not saved you, you would never come to him.

20. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are saying I am not saved in other words.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.