1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Faith, Coming to Christ pleases God !

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by savedbymercy, Jan 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

I have looked at the context that is why I found the verses, you don't believe the truth ! A lost person cannot believe the Gospel because it's hidden from them by the god of this world , that is part of being lost, deal with it !

2. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Rom 8:8 is written to Believers, in fact the whole bible is, but believers are not in the flesh Rom 8:9 !

#142 savedbymercy, Jan 18, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2015
  3. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why do y'all keep this up? There's no debate; there's not even discussion. It's not even a circle. We're supposed to take what sbm says and simply accept it. Y'all come back with counterpoints and questions, and you're ignored. Even other calvinists have admitted she's off the mark, and she continues with what she wants to believe.

So why does this continue to go on?

4. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Faith to believe on Christ is not our own, but the work of God!

Faith to believe on Christ is not our own, but the work of God! Its the Work of God the Holy Spirit in us to Truly Believe on the Son, who died for us, if indeed He did die for us Jn 6:29

29 Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.

Christ was sent to save some Jn 3:17

For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

This World is not all without exception, but all of God's Elect without distinction, the World of Spiritual Israel, the Church ! The Body of Christ, for God has only Promised to save one world of people, Israel Isa 45:17

17 But Israel shall be saved in the Lord with an everlasting salvation: ye shall not be ashamed nor confounded world without end.

Here again Jn 6:40

And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

The End result of God the Father sending His Son was for the purpose of them believing on Him who were seeing Him spiritually, with a God given spiritual sight ! Now their seeing and believing on Him was not their own natural ability, credit is given to it being the Work of God Jn 6:29, God the Holy Spirit, He produces that Faith which is of the operation of God Col 2:12

12 Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.

That word operation is the greek word energeia and means:

working, action, productive work, activity; in the NT, confined to superhuman activity.

This describes that its of the power of the Spirit that produces our act of believing or Faith in Christ, its His operation or working in us both to will and to do of God's pleasure which in this case is to Believe on the Son whom He has sent to seek and to save !

Again believers believe by the working of His Power Eph 1:19

19 And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working or operation of his mighty power,

Believe it or not the Mighty Power is the Spirit of God, See Believers are but building materials for Gods Spiritual Temple being Built by Christ, and a Type was that Temple to be built that was prophesied in the OT Zech 4:6

6 Then he answered and spake unto me, saying, This is the word of the Lord unto Zerubbabel, saying, Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit, saith the Lord of hosts.

I quote John Gills comments on this verse Zech 4:6:

When we believe, its just the manifestation of us being of those chosen building materials God has Chosen in Christ to construct the Building of His Spiritual Temple 1 Pet 2:5

5 Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.

A Spiritual House is another way of saying a Temple or habitation of God Eph 2:20-22

20 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;

21 In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord:

22 In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.

So by understanding this, Faith is not of our own by nature, but its a work or production of the Spirit of God in us, to manifest our lively stone status in the building of the Spiritual Temple of the Lord !

5. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Faith is the Gift of God !

Most religionist believe that Faith is something the natural man has or has the ability to do, but they are dead wrong and deceived ! See, Christ has been the author of a believers Faith Heb 12:2

2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

The writer here is very precise in stating to believers of like precious Faith, that it was not of themselves, but Christ was the Author of it. Now what does this word Author mean ? Its the greek word archēgos and means:

I.the chief leader, prince

A.of Christ

II.one that takes the lead in any thing and thus affords an example, a predecessor in a matter, pioneer

III.the author

That word predecessor denotes that He is the Father of Our Faith, much like it is said of Abraham regarding believers, that he is the Father of the Faithful Rom 4:11,12,16

And he received the sign of circumcision, a seal of the righteousness of the faith which he had yet being uncircumcised: that he might be the father of all them that believe, though they be not circumcised; that righteousness might be imputed unto them also:

And the father of circumcision to them who are not of the circumcision only, but who also walk in the steps of that faith of our father Abraham, which he had being yet uncircumcised.

Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all,

Gal 3:7,9

Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham.

So then they which be of faith are blessed with faithful Abraham.

But what Abraham could not do, he could not produce Spiritual Children with Faith,

But Christ could, so He is the True Father of the Faithful, which He produced in Abraham's stead.

Another definition for that word author in Heb 12:2 which is neglected is :

I.beginning, origin

II.the person or thing that commences, the first person or thing in a series, the leader

III.that by which anything begins to be, the origin, the active cause

IV.the extremity of a thing

A.of the corners of a sail

V.the first place, principality, rule, magistracy

A.of angels and demons

Christ is the active cause of our Faith if we believe in Him. Our Faith begin to be because of His causation !

See, the natural man wants to take credit for faith as being of his ability, which is a lie, and it steals credit due to Christ !186

6. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Faith to believe on Christ is not our own, but the work of God2

Basically, when Jesus says that believing on Him is a work of God, God the Holy Spirit, in essence He is indicating, tat believing on Him is the Fruit of the Spirit Gal 5:22

22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,

The word fruit karpos :

I.fruit

A.the fruit of the trees, vines, of the fields

B.the fruit of one's loins, i.e. his progeny, his posterity

II.that which originates or comes from something, an effect, result

A.work, act, deed

So the effect or result of the Spirit is Faith ! Or the Work, Act/Action, deed of the Spirit is Faith !

If we recall earlier we showed how Faith is of the operation of God Col 2:12 and that the word operation energeia means also :

I.working, efficiency working, action, productive work, activity. It means the same exact thing as fruit in this, act deed, work !

Heres why. The word energeia is actually Two words combine #1en #2.ergon from which we get the word work :

III.an act, deed, thing done: the idea of working is emphasised in opp. to that which is less than work

So that energia is the Activity of the Spirit that effects, produces Faith and or Believing on Christ or on His Name !

Thats the only way we can put Faith in Christ, if its the effect of the Spirit in us producing that result, so where is Boasting ? Why do religionist erroneously think that Faith to believe on Christ is something man can do naturally when the scripture teaches the exact opposite ? Its because of pride in mans heart, any man or women who believes Faith in Christ is a natural ability, they are proud and deceived, and in unbelief to this day ! Its the Work of God Jn 6:29, the Fruit of the Spirit Gal 5:22 !

7. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Did John say to us that whosoever believes in jesus or not?

8. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Are you going review with me what I posted here or Not ? If not then this is over with, take your pick ? Posts 144-146, explain back to me what I posted about Faith in those posts ! Detail by detail !

9. Getting it Right

Site Supporter

This thread is one of the finest examples of semantics I have ever read. Interpretation-Application inspired by the Holy Spirit has been ruled out, holding forth "facts" based upon the overwhelming desire of the ego to triumph. Individual brain power is on the throne, rejecting any evidence that vain and foolish babbling is to be avoided. 2 Timothy 2:16. Perhaps we should enter into these "discussions" via the narrow gate, for wide is the gate that leads to nonsense.

:1_grouphug: Let us pray.

10. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    This thread is closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.