1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Faith plus right beliefs

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Michael Wrenn, Jun 9, 2012.

?
  1. Those who hold to faith alone in Jesus

45.5%
  2. Those who hold to faith in Jesus plus works

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Those who hold to faith in Jesus plus right beliefs

18.2%
  4. Baptists only who believe as I do

9.1%
  5. Anyone who has faith in Jesus -- Catholic, Orthodox, Anglican, etc.

36.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steadfast Fred

Steadfast Fred Active Member

Sorry Archbishop,

You can't say where I can or cannot post.

Me despicable? Hardly.

The fact is, you are wrong, DHK has proven you wrong, I have revealed your false doctrines. And you can't handle the truth.

2. Steadfast Fred

You say doctrine is important, yet you say that one doesn't need the right belief to be saved.

Your position is very confusing.

3. Michael Wrenn

Michael Wrenn New Member

We have some things in common with the Convergence Movement. I almost joined the CEEC at one time -- the Communion of Evangelical Episcopal Churches, but it didn't include much of the Baptist tradition; the CAC does because I included it. :)

I guess it could be said that we are ecumenical, as we have had people come in from many different backgrounds. But our heart and core is the General Baptist/Anabaptist heritage and tradition (we accept Calvinists, too), with a strong Celtic influence. We affirm the four Baptist "freedoms". Although we have bishops, we practice autonomy.

I don't know why I am telling you all this; maybe because it's the first post I've seen from you that wasn't hostile to me. But I expect that to resume (sigh).

4. Michael Wrenn

Michael Wrenn New Member

I'm not trying to tell you where you can and can't post. I'm saying your only reason for posting to me is to question my credibility and to lie.

DHK has proven nothing. You have revealed my false doctrines? You haven't revealed anything. First, my doctrines are not false; I affirm orthodox Christianity. And my website has been available to this forum for quite some time.

I handle the truth all the time, and I just love to refute liars and slanderers.

5. Michael Wrenn

Michael Wrenn New Member

I am simply saying that one can be wrong about a doctrine and still be saved if he or she has accepted Jesus as Savior by faith. To disavow that consigns all of us to hell because we are all wrong about something.

6. Steadfast Fred

I haven't lied at all. Not one of my posts is a lie. You can say I lied all you wish, but you have no evidence to substantiate your claim at all.

7. Steadfast Fred

And yet the Bible says that all liars will have their part in the lake of fire. Obviously just having faith in Jesus is not enough to save.

Jesus said in Matthew that many will stand before Him who have done many things in His name who will find out He never knew them.

8. Michael Wrenn

Michael Wrenn New Member

All my past posts are my evidence.

My internet is going in and out. If I don't respond to your insults, that's why. May have to continue the joust later; will do so as able.

9. Michael Wrenn

Michael Wrenn New Member

I'm glad you brought that up. You may still have time to repent of the lies you've been telling about me.

10. Steadfast Fred

Post 50 reveals many of the heresies that you embrace and teach.

For instance, you believe that people can be saved apart from knowing Jesus.

Jesus Himself said that no man can come to the Father but through Him. You state just the opposite, that man can be saved apart from Jesus or the Gospel.

Your idea of Salvation reveals you have no clue as to what Salvation is.

You lied in that same post when you accused annsni of having a reading deficiency.

You accuse others of 'vitriol' when it is evident you are guilty of the very think you accuse other of.

11. Michael Wrenn

Michael Wrenn New Member

Oh, I can defend myself when others attack me first -- and I will continue to do so against the snakes on here.

#91 Michael Wrenn, Jun 12, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2012
  12. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

No, you are very wrong.
    Take a look here to see its differences and similarities:
    http://www.differencebetween.net/miscellaneous/difference-between-anglican-and-catholic/

The differences are very few. The basic similarity is that they both have that same sacramental mass. Doctrine also is very similar.
    Where the doctrine mostly differs centers around the family of course. After all it was Henry VIII that wanted a divorce. Thus the clergy can marry, and other changes were made in that area.

Still, the Anglican Church resembles greatly the RCC.

As a matter of interest when the KJV was translated in 1611 most of the translators were Anglicans. The High Anglicans were so close in practice and doctrine to the RCC of that time that one could not tell the difference.

13. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

In this case experience is better than academics. One of our bb members went to a COC and brought a pamphlet back describing exactly what the COC believes:

14. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

continued
    Do all COCers believe this way?

(edited to be as close as possible to the original) [/quote]

15. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

The moderator of 100 Huntley Street once prayed, "Oh God deliver us from doctrine." You sound the same way. Foolish people that denigrate doctrine. Like the Charismatics they put their experiences over their doctrine. It doesn't matter who Jesus is as long as you believe in "Jesus." Muslims have faith in Jesus too. (though he is just a prophet to them as he is an angel to the J.W.). What is Jesus to you??
    If a person has accepted Jesus by faith he is ok, you say. But it doesn't matter about doctrine. It doesn't matter who Jesus is. It doesn't matter about wrong beliefs. Its okay if he is Michael the Archangel instead of the second person of the triune Godhead. Doctrine really doesn't matter as long as you have faith in this Jesus. Why? Because, as you say, no one has it 100% right in their beliefs. So it really doesn't matter who this Jesus is anyway. This is your assessment, correct?

16. Michael Wrenn

Michael Wrenn New Member

Sorry, but it's you who is wrong.

There have always been High Church Anglicans and Low Church Anglicans. It's the former who are close to Catholicism. The Low Church Anglicans are not. The 39 Articles of Religion is basically a Reformed confessional document.

17. Michael Wrenn

Michael Wrenn New Member

Yes, I already knew all of that. I believe the CoC is perhaps the most exclusive of any denomination. But I don't believe that consigns them to hell.

I don't believe their baptism doctrine; I repudiate it. But I still contend that if they have faith in Jesus as Lord and Savior, they are saved on that basis.

18. Michael Wrenn

Michael Wrenn New Member

If you read my website and our principles, I don't know how you can say that. And my posts on here show how much I value doctrine.

That is not my assessment. That is a total distortion of what I am saying and what I believe.

19. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

You cannot believe all of that and be saved at the same time. It is impossible. It is a false gospel.

20. Michael Wrenn

Michael Wrenn New Member

So, what do you say is the state of those in the CoC who accept Jesus as their Lord and Savior by faith, but because of growing up in the CoC church and tradition adhere ignorantly to these other things? Are they headed for hell?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.