1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Faith

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by psalms109:31, Jan 23, 2007.

1. psalms109:31

psalms109:31 Active Member

I have heard many from different sides the Seventh-day worship of the sabbath, arminian trying to put men back under the Law the Christ saved us from, the universalist saying that even in the fire that God will give them the faith to all men need to be saved, and calvinist saying that thier were men God created just for the purpose of destruction with no hope through Jesus Christ. Which those I do not believe in.

Those of you that know to enter the grace of God is through faith.

How do you enter through faith?

2. Jkdbuck76

Jkdbuck76 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

3. psalms109:31

Faithful

God will be faithful with His word. We don't need faith and without it we cannot please God. God through His Son has shown how He will deal with sinners, our only hope is Jesus. Abraham believed God and it was credited to Him as righteousness and we who believe is the seed of Abraham. Just as through 1 man death comes to all men and through this one named Jesus life comes to all men. We access this grace by faith.

When we are faithless, God will be faithful to condemn those who have no faith in His Son. Does our lack of faith change this. No.!!

God will be faithful to His word and has preordained those who put thier trust in Jesus will be lead to life eternal.

Those are awesome chapters and I love the word of God.

So how do you enter this faith?

4. psalms109:31

scripture

"Abraham entered into what God was doing for him, and that was the turning point. He trusted God to set him right instead of trying to be right on his own."

What you think about this verse?

5. psalms109:31

O.K. This

"Abraham entered into what God was doing for him, and that was the turning point. He trusted God to set him right instead of trying to be right on his own."

Compared to this,

Romans 4:
    3What does the Scripture say? "Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness."[Gen. 15:6; also in verse 22]

Are they the same meaning, different and how do they differ, or nothing a like?

6. skypair

skypair Active Member

Here's an interesting perspective, psa109 -- "tracking" right along with belief, then counted for righteousness, comes the next step, Col 1:13. "Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness [into righteousness], and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son."
    Everyone who has faith will be translated into Christ's kingdom -- the kingdom which, at the end, He will deliver up to His Father, 1Cor 15:28.

So Abraham received God's righteousness by believing God enough to obey Him. God gave Abraham faith in Himself. What happens next to Abraham? "translated into the kingdom of [God's] dear Son." When? At the "resurrection of the just" -- of those who have the righteousness of God postrib, Mt 25:14-30 and 13:44 (etal.).

But the church is "translated" IMMEDIATELY into Christ's kingdom. Do you see it? Because Christ now HAS a kingdom to be "translated" into!! We are resurrected by the baptism of the Spirit and, spiritually, are seated with Christ in the heavenlies already!!

Does that make sense to you?

skypair

#6 skypair, Jan 24, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 24, 2007
  7. psalms109:31

Understood

I agree with you.

The way I see it is.

God reveals to us the path He wants for us through His word. We either get in onHis plan or we don't

8. psalms109:31

We have a choice to enter God's plan for our lives like Abraham, or be like the young rich ruler and not jump into God's plan for our lives.

Who will you praise for your healing. You can go two ways, you can thank yourself like the nine lepards for believing and going or the healing water that you went to or you can be like the one praising Jesus and thanking Him for your healing.

Jesus is waiting for all of us at the cross. He went to the cross to meet you half way.

9. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hi Psalms 109:31
    By submission to Him and His righteousness.
    MB

10. psalms109:31

Age old question

What makes us want to submit to Him and His righteousness?

11. psalms109:31

Fear

Could it be fear?

12. skypair

skypair Active Member

Not with me. I can recall trudging many a lonely bitter cold morning carrying papers as a kid and when things would go wrong out there, I used to get mad at God for it. But this got me thinking --- how unfair it is that people that lived in Jesus time could hear from the Lord's lips in person. We had no such advantage.

So when I heard the preaching of the word finally (instead of just the platitudes that the Methodist, Presby, and Congregational church pastors preached) I ABSOLUTELY knew that God was speaking to us in our time just as He did to Abraham or Moses or Paul!! And, not the first time -- I had to absorb it all first, but shortly I obeyed what God wanted me to do. I received Christ as Lord and Savior! What a day!!

No, not fear -- love!

skypair

13. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hi Psalms109:31;
    Being convicted of our sins by the Holy Spirit and being convinced of the Son of God.
    MB

14. psalms109:31

fear

great testimony, for me it was the fear of eternal death for my sins and my only hope was Jesus.

Then the more I got to know Him the more my relationship grew and love for Him, because He first loved me.

John 15:15I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master's business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you.

15. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hi psalms109:31;
    The results of Hell fire preaching, "fear" Self preservation is part of the appeal to Salvation. If we have no fear of hell fire we are fools. Nothing like a roasting party to get someone's attention.

Fear is what reverance is all about. The fear of God is the beginning of wisdom Psalm 111:10, Prov 1:7,Prov 9:10. Certainly fear for our well being is good motivation to listen to the gospel intently.

No one has reverance for God with out fear for their very lives. There are 178 verses that speak of the fear of God. Some find it offensive that fear should motivate men toward Salvation. This fear isn't of God but of hell fire. Our fear of God is that He might not save us from hell fire for some reason. Our fear of God is His majesty. His infinite power.

I knew about hell fire before I was saved but, it wasn't the reason I first believed. What convinced me was Jesus laid down His life for the world that we might be saved. A perfectly selfless act for His concerning Love for His creation. The whole world.
    MB

16. npetreley

npetreley New Member

God did a lot with me to bring me to saving faith, but fear was part of it. I was haunted by the verse that he who is not with me is against me. I wasn't yet convinced God even existed, but I speculated that if God did exist, and Jesus was who He said He was, and this statement was true, then I wasn't free. I was a servant, and I was serving the wrong master. THAT, and the implied consequence, was scary.

17. psalms109:31

Do you agree or not?

When God gave me the faith through His word, I didn't believe it or understand it. It wasn't until I joined in on God's plan for my life that I started to understand it and believe it.

18. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hi Psalms 109:31
    I disagree; I understood the teaching of the Bible but I wasn't willing to let go of the world when I first heard it. I was so affraid there would be no more fun in life. I would say that I believed first before I submitted. Even though I didn't submit until quite awhile later.
    MB

19. Jkdbuck76

Jkdbuck76 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

When I was 10 years old, the man who raised me (my step dad) died very unexpectedly.

The youth minister preached the funeral (it was his first). Afterwards, he really reached out to us kids. I wanted a Father, but the Bible revealed to me that I was separated from God the Father by my sins. I knew I was a sinner even at the age of 10. But I wanted to know my Heavenly Father and I knew from the Bible that He would never die and that He would always be there for me.

And if I wanted Him as my Father, I needed to be forgiven by the blood of His own Son Jesus Christ. So at the age of 12, I felt a great burden in my heart. I knew I was a sinner and I had not asked Jesus into my life and I knew if I had died that I would wake up in Hell. It was in June 88 that I asked Jesus to forgive me and to be my Lord and to save me.

So I guess that it took a lot of caring and Bible teaching.

My point: Reach out to children in your congregation that hurt. Be a friend to the fatherless. Pray for kids.

Was it fear? Was it the Holy Spirit revealing to me my lost condition thru the preaching of God's Word? Was it people praying for my family and for me? Was it a longing for an undying Father?

Yes.

20. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Praise God; A really good testimony.
    A men
    MB