1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Fancy Nancy's Crumbs & Taxes

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by church mouse guy, Jan 28, 2018.

1. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Pelosi has been scornful of the recent tax cuts. Almost daily she has had something negative to say. She and her husband are estimated to be worth $100,000,000 and therein lies the key to the problem. Her tax bill for three homes--two in California and one in DC is $137,000 but she can only deduct $10,000 on her future federal tax returns. If she thinks that the rich should pay more taxes, she did not mean herself.

"House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi made her political career denouncing income inequality and advocating a more progressive tax code, but the veteran lawmaker’s accounting practices prove she wants to keep as much of her income as possible come tax time."

Pelosi Proves She Wants To Pay As Little As Possible In Taxes

2. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You realize that the middle class tax cuts she poo-poos as crumbs and her inability to deduct more than $10,000 in local property taxes on her federal return are two separate issues, right?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL

3. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, of course. However, people think that she is certifiable. So some are thinking that part of her anger over the tax cut is that she and her husband have to pay more taxes.

The Dems are saying both that the tax cut is just crumbs and also that it adds to the deficit.

If Congress would pass a budget and cut spending, it would help. I myself believe that we are in a build-up for a possible war with North Korea.

As for Pelosi's increased tax bill, I think that she just lost a federal subsidy. How much do you think that this will cost the Pelosis?

4. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do you agree that states with very high taxes were telling people that they could always deduct the taxes from their federal return? Theoretically, it seems as if states could tax so much that no money would be left for the federal government.

6. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Nancy, Nancy - send me a few crumbs!!

HankD

7. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist