1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Fantasy Football league Registration is open

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by TomVols, Jun 27, 2007.

1. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I decided to come out of my retirement from playing fantasy sports and limit myself to this one league. I am listed as the P-38 Lightnings.

2. AF Guy N Paradise

AF Guy N Paradise Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think I named my team the SA Air Attack.

Tom, have you ever received an answer about your old team in the SLFFL? That league is probably the best one I have ever been in...

3. Chessic

Chessic New Member

Team name is "Chess Club."

Boy you guys move fast. Hardly a mention in weeks, then...boom! the league is started and almost full in a matter of hours.

I have not used the FF on this site, I hope I can figure out how their draft works.

lol

4. Scrappinmommyx4

Scrappinmommyx4 New Member

My team name doesn't start with Scrappin.... so I guess its fair for me to play.

I did pretty good. I would be doing better this year if I could ever remember to check my team. I have been working full time, which i haven't done in 4 years, and its thursday before i remember to check my team.

5. Scrappinmommyx4

Scrappinmommyx4 New Member

I think you are just afraid of losing to a girl thats all.:laugh:

6. TomVols

TomVols New Member

It's not that you're a girl. It's that you're good. You've done well in every league I've been in with you. Seems like in the '06 baseball league, we fought for the top three spots quite a lot.

AF guy, I think I answered back in the other thread. Last I heard, only way I could get in is by someone dropping their team. If you want to give me the email of the commish, I can check again. I'm really disappointed that I built a great team and then for no reason, someone else took it without me being even contacted :(

7. TomVols

TomVols New Member

As of right now, we have 8 teams. That's a good number. That would mean everyone would make the playoffs, though only the top four have a shot at the championship!

WE have room for 12, but we can expand if necessary. We could also contract if we needed to in order to make it even, but let's not have to do that. Let's get a good even number. The more the merrier!

By the way, the draft is scheduled for the Sat of Labor Day weekend. Is that a problem? Speak now!

8. bobbyd

bobbyd New Member

other than my wife inviting people over for a visit...i see no problem for labor day weekend.

9. Steven2006

Steven2006 New Member

I am in as the "Speedsters" ( real original I know:laugh: )

10. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Just a reminder to all - identify who you are in here when you register at Yahoo.

We have ten teams as of right now. We want an even number, so this number is good. However, only two spots remain. We may be able to add a couple or so depending upon the interest.

11. Jimmy C

Jimmy C New Member

I am in as the Zoo Freaks

12. TomVols

TomVols New Member

We still have room for 2 more teams. If there are no new registrations for a while, we may just need to close it down to the ten we have. As much as I'd like for everyone to be involved, we don't need an 11th team (to create an unbalanced schedule) in at the 11th hour.

So, if you want it, get in! It's going to be a lot of fun.

13. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

I think 10 teams would be just right. If you get too many teams it makes it hard to pick up players and such with injuries, etc.

14. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Well, we set an initial amount at 12. 10 is just fine with me (8 would've been fine too) with a maximum of 16 (so everyone can have two defenses). If everyone wants it closed at ten, I'm fine with that.

15. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Our draft is tentatively set for Sat, Sept 1, at 12:30 pm. However, it may be necessary to move that time. Would anyone oppose?

If not, what about a little earlier that day? what about the week prior (on a weeknight)? If that wouldn't work, what about the preceeding weekends?

Thanks guys! Feedback ASAP would be good.

16. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Any time if fine with me as far as I know. If I can't make it I will allow my player rankings to handle it.

17. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

Anytime you want to do it is fine with me.

18. Steven2006

Steven2006 New Member

I can do the draft earlier in the morning on Saturday 9/1, but not possible for me to now be available for earlier in the week. I can do it during the next week if a weekday is better than on Saturday.

19. Steven2006

Steven2006 New Member

Any decision made yet for the date and time of draft? As I said in my previous post. Early in the day on 9/1 is fine with me, or the following week is OK for a weeknight. I would like to know ASAP however so I can keep the time clear on my calendar. Thanks

20. TomVols

TomVols New Member

As of right now, it is still on for Sept 1 at 12:30. However, as soon as folks think they have their calendars clear on Labor Day weekend plans, please let me know. I just want to be certain this will not interfere with anyone's holiday plans.