1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Far-right terrorism comes to New Zealand

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Matt Black, Mar 15, 2019.

1. Matt Black

Matt Black Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Apparently he had a gun licence...

2. Matt Black

Site Supporter

3. Matt Black

Site Supporter

4. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Except that you have not been able to list the OT passages that parallel the Quran, wherein I have listed the Quran several times for you to which your reaction so far has been that it is the same as the OT. So you have not illustrated your case at all nor have you said that anything that Muhammad did was wrong, which I understand might be a hate crime in the UK.

5. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What question are you talking about. You said that you think that there is some sort of right to immigrate to the UK forever, which is fine with me because you do have good welfare for people who don't want to work, but I am wondering if this right that you exercise a few years ago goes on until the end of he world?

6. Matt Black

Site Supporter

Your last post makes no sense.
    Ok, so here's your starter for ten: I Sam 15 - The LORD commands Saul via Samuel to exterminate the Amalekites.

7. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So, that was the Jewish theocracy. What does that have to do with Christianity? Saul didn't do it anyway. Do you have Amalekite friends?

8. Matt Black

Site Supporter

Your initial point I believe about the distinction between far right terrorism and Islamist terrorism is that the latter's 'scriptures' contain passages inciting violence and thus Islam is inherently violent. My counter point is that Jewish and Christian holy texts - in this case the OT* - also contain verses which, if taken literally, can be construed as endorsing or inciting violence. I have just given you but one example above.

*And if you want something specifically Christian, I've seen it argued here on the BB that Luke 22:36 is a justification for Christians to take up arms.

My point is that the Bible, both OT and NT, contains verses that can be used and indeed have been used (Crusades, Inquisition, Wars of Religion in eg: France, Ireland and Germany) by Christians to support violence and forcible conversions against those they consider to be non-believers. Therefore to single out Islam and Muslims as exceptional on this front is disingenuous.

9. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Luke is talking about self-defense as you know very well. Anyway, is that the verse that the UK is using for knife control?

It seems that the Germans and the Brits are telling us that Allah and Jesus are the same. Sounds like J.D.Greear, Albert Mohler, and Russell Moore. Or so the Germans and Brits would have us believe.

10. Matt Black

Site Supporter

Oh, and there's the parts of the NT which can and have been interpreted in an anti-Semitic, most notably the Johannine corpus ("Your father is the Devil" and "synagogue of Satan", anyone?), giving rise to numerous anti-Jewish pogroms down the centuries, whipped up again by Luther during the Reformation and ultimately the Holocaust when millions of German and other Christians stood by or actively participated as their Jewish neighbours went to their deaths in their millions.

I think you'll find therefore that the body count notched up by Christendom over the centuries exceeds that perpetrated by the Ummah and that we need to be careful about chucking boulders at them from within our glass houses...

11. Matt Black

Site Supporter

Which Germans, which Brits? This Brit doesn't believe they're the same! I'm sure there are some Americans in addition to the ones you've referenced who could say that they are the same: does that mean that "The Americans" are telling us they are the same?

Luke 22:36 can and has been interpreted to justify self defence. It can and also has been interpreted to justify aggressive violence against non-believers.

Your digression into knife crime again is dodging the issue: does the Bible contain passages that can be and have been used to justify violence against non-Christians, yes or no? I think the evidence of history is pretty clear.

12. Matt Black

Site Supporter

13. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Are you talking about the Jewish theocracy and the Amalekites again? Esau's descendants attacked Israel on their return from Egypt, as you know. I suppose the last Amalekite was Haman, whose ancestor was conceived before Agag's death. Nice people descended from Eliphaz and a whore named Timna.

Do you have more cases like Haman's ancestors to weep over?

14. Matt Black

Site Supporter

Do you have other ways of diverting from the issue?

15. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You mentioned Esau's grandson twice--not me. Nice people Esau and his kids, if you like back-stabbers.

#75 church mouse guy, Mar 17, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2019
  16. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Fascism is left wing and Mosely is a lefty ecoterrorist.

17. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So?? Show me someone who is guitly of dogwhistle. You can't and that is the problem with such lefty ideologies. You all create accusations that cannot be proven but just because you want to feel like it happens that should be good enough. Cortex recently railed against anyone who held her to truth "rather than what is right". You guys think you can reach truthful conclusions without facts because its how you feel.

Facts are no dog whistling has ever been proven.
    Facts are microagressions cannot be tied to intent.
    Facts are the majority of people being accused of racism aren't.

18. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Except with Islam and the Koran it means just what people think it means. It is a violent religion by its very nature and Mohamed was an evil man who stirred up violence.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Matt Black

Site Supporter

Were that to be true, we'd all have been massacred years ago

20. Matt Black

Site Supporter

Didn't realise Sunday was comedy day on the BB!