1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Farm with 380 years continuous operation by one family has been sold

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by thisnumbersdisconnected, Nov 5, 2013.

1. thisnumbersdisconnected

As an ol' farm boy myself, having grown up on a north Missouri farm that grew in less than a generation from 160 acres to well over 3,000, only to fall victim in much the same way as the Tuttle farm has, I can't help but be saddened by this story. In a huge bit of irony, columnist Verlyn Klinkenborg of The New York Times gets it, in this "obituary" she wrote for the farm when it stopped production three years ago:

R.I.P. Tuttle farm.

2. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thats tough tohear....we had one in Pa but that too is gone. Alas...its a new world. We have a familyhere that has around 200 acres and he just bought a new tractor that operates by itself via GPS. The thought process is to use the new technology to make furrows more efficiently. I can see my great grandfather now with his team of horses in his 80's behind the plow....what would he say I wonder?

3. thisnumbersdisconnected

Same thing my granddad with his two prize Missouri mules, Jack and Jenny, would say: "What the hell ... ?" Followed by a quick prayer asking forgiveness ... his Baptist roots and all, you know.