1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Farrakhan on Obama the Messiah

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Paladin, Oct 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

I haven't heard of them wanting to up minimum wage lately but here is the dilemma. How do we guarantee an adult with a family will get paid enough to provide for their family. I agree minimum wage isn't the best solution particularly because it gives higher pay to a high school student still living at home with mom and dad. However we're not making American's independent of government when an adult with a full time job still qualifies for social programs like food stamps, section 8 housing and AFDC.

I do agree minimum wage does pose a negative influence on small business but again, it is not a tax and Obama is not planning to raise it.

2. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We don't.

All we have to guarantee is the opportunity to earn a market based wage. Government taxing and regulating small businesses out of existence takes away that opportuniity.

3. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Well, like I said, if we allow workers to earn less that the poverty line then they will still be on government social programs. We can't have it both ways.

4. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "Allow" ?

We should only be concerned with "allowing" workers the opportunity to earn a market based wage. They have to learn to live on what they earn.

That is the only "way" we need to have it.

Excessive Government regulation and taxation of businesses puts people on "government social programs". You can't have it "both ways".

5. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

I can see your point but I disagree, either da boss man got to raise the pay or da rent man has to lower da rent or there is no way to "live on what they earn".

Is it fair that government has to step in? NO. I wished all men would do what's fair without having it forced on them. I wished everyone would get a fair days wage for a fair days work. But since we have an attitude of greed and only worry about self and investors then government stepped in. I am happy they did.

Taxation hasn't put anybody on Social programs. Working all day and earning less than the poverty level does. Incenting jobs through tax breaks to send American jobs overseas does. CEO's making 5x their salary as bonus while the company is going under does. Japanese steel freely flowing into our shores and no investment in clean coal technology does. The fact that a Christian can walk by his brother in need and not so much as look at him does.

Regulation maybe but you guys need to get a clear view on taxation.

6. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You're living in a fantasy world.

If a business closes or cuts back or moves out of the country because of excessive taxes or oppressive government regulations, someone is out of work.

They have lost their opportunity to earn a market based wage.

7. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Show me one example of a company closing down exclusively because of taxes?

8. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

This thread has been off topic for a couple of pages. Might I suggest that one of you guys start a thread on the candidates and how their tax policies will affect small business?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.