1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

FBI Warns of Storm Worm Virus

Discussion in 'Computers & Technology Forum' started by I Am Blessed 24, Jul 30, 2008.

1. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

Wednesday, July 30, 2008 2:18 PM
    By: Newsmax Staff

The FBI and its partner, the Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3), have received reports of recent spam e-mails spreading the Storm Worm malicious software, known as malware.

These e-mails, which contain the phrase “F.B.I. vs. facebook,” direct e-mail recipients to click on a link to view an article about the FBI and Facebook, a popular social networking website. The Storm Worm virus has also been spread in the past in e-mails advertising a holiday e-card link.

Clicking on the link downloads malware onto the Internet connected device, causing it to become infected with the virus and part of the Storm Worm botnet. A botnet is a collection of compromised computers under the remote command and control of a criminal “botherder.”

LINK

2. rdwhite

rdwhite New Member

Ahh, It is so nice not having to worry about such things:laugh:

Ubuntu.com