1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Feds post huge victory for crucial industry in another win for Trump’s economic agenda

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Revmitchell, Jul 18, 2017.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    During the eight disastrous years of the Obama administration, Democrats did everything in their power to kill the coal industry. Inevitably, Obama’s aggressive use executive authority to regulate the industry proved successful for him, leaving coal on life support by the end of his term. To liberals, it was a mission accomplished.

Of course, President Trump doesn’t see things that way. On the campaign trail, Trump made revitalizing the coal industry a cornerstone of his campaign, a move that garnered widespread support for him from coal workers and companies across the country. Ultimately, Trump’s victory was, in no small part, thanks to support from people in the coal industry.
    Since taking office, Trump has been working to make good on the promises made to coal workers during his campaign.

That work seems to be paying off, with new data showing coal exports on the rise during the first months of Trump’s presidency.

Feds post huge victory for crucial industry in another win for Trump's economic agenda

2. Martin Marprelate

Martin Marprelate Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  3. elder_jeffery_endicott

I live in a coal producing region and under Obama you would hardly see any coal trucks and I do not think I saw a single coal train in the second term. I have been seeing an uptick in coal trucks and several coal trains and even a few barges since the election

• Like Like x 2
  4. Lewis

Lewis Active Member
    Site Supporter

As of last year China had been starting two coal power projects per week, and were way over capacity. No wonder they've decided to drop some of those projects. In 2016 China had 900,000MW of coal-fired capacity.

#4 Lewis, Jul 20, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2017
  5. Lewis

Lewis Active Member
    Site Supporter

China produces half of the world's steel. Each ton of steel that they produce requires .69 tons of coal. Their need for coal will not be lessening any time soon.