1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Feet Washing.

Discussion in 'Fundamental Baptist Forum' started by danthebaptist, Feb 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Am on your boat, brother, on your boat..

2. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

I am saying I am kept by the power of God and He will not let me commit such sins. What are those scriptures for if they are not true???? You tell me if John the Baptist could of got the old King to be saved, then it would be alright to have his brother Phillip's wife, and anyone else's he wanted.

BBob,

#162 Brother Bob, Mar 2, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2008
  3. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Where do you get your scripture that you can commit adultery so many times, but then quit? Please show where a saved person does that by scripture and do not show me David, for he was under the Law.

You shall know them by their works. How can light walk with darkness??? I find it strange you have to come to an old Baptist to be able to commit such sins.

BBob,

#163 Brother Bob, Mar 2, 2008
  4. charles_creech78

charles_creech78 New Member

Ok then all of you that disagree with me and Bob tell me what he ment by this scripture.1jo 3:9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

5. charles_creech78

1jo 3:8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil. And is this person that he is talking about in this verse of God yes or no?

6. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

I am not fearful, for I believe in a strong God. If Jesus lives within you, how can you commit adultery? Does Jesus just turn His head while you do it.
    Can you say, well think I go over and jump on the neighbor's wife this evening.

Hogwash,

BBob,

7. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Hi Bro. Bob,

David did live under the law, but he was also saved by grace.

The Lord pardoned David, but the punishment for his sin fell on his son.

I think this is a picture of the future grace of Christ toward us.

8. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

You say, regardless of what sin you commit it will not be held against you. That is a license to sin, with no penalty.

BBob,

9. charles_creech78

Amen brother praise the name of God. amen

10. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

That is the only thing you that believe in such beliefs is to fall back on David, who was under the Law, where they had concubines, committed adultery.

Why on earth do you think Christ came and died, and set us up on better promises. I think to fall back on David is a cope out.

BBob,

11. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

I don't think it's a copout. Adultery is and always has been a sin against God. But scripture says plainly that God "put away his sin" (grace toward David) and punished his son instead. This is what God does for us through His Son. Jesus took the punishment for our sins, so God has "put away" our sins just as He did David's.

I think the scriptures that say one born of God "does not sin" is speaking of habitual sin. The born again child does sin, but he will not stay in his sin. God will make him miserable until he repents. This is divine discipline "which yields the peaceful fruit of righteousness".

If these scriptures are not speaking of habitual sin (which is bad fruit from a bad (unsaved) tree, then we have a serious contradiction of God's word because of other scripture which says:

1 John 2:1
    My little children, these things I write to you, so that you may not sin. And if anyone sins, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous.

1 John 1:10
    If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us.

12. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Do you all tell your new members that if you happen to see a nice looking woman and were to commit adultery, you are covered by the blood, so don't worry about it.

Could you tell me why the Law covenant had to be done away with???

I never seen people grab a scripture as 1 John:10 and use it to say a Christian can commit any sin known to man. We do not say that we do not sin, we just say that we don't put the Lord to an open shame and commit such sins as adultery. I notice none of you ever quote "there is a sin unto death" and there is a "sin not unto death".

All of you do not believe that a Christian can commit these sins habitual. I would like to know why, if they can commit them so many times, why do they have to stop. Just think what this includes, men who molest little boys and girls, and you all call them a Christian. I am sorry to you, not sorry for the belief. I do not believe Christians can commit such actions. If what I believe is the "old time way", well give me the old time way anytime.

I believe, but it may not be true, that you all would think I committed the greater sin, if I excluded such a person, than the one who committed the act.

BBob,

#172 Brother Bob, Mar 2, 2008
  13. rbell

rbell Active Member

I'm giving you logical problems with your argument. You are responding with emotional tirades that are neither appropriate nor pertinent.

Show some maturity and refrain from posting inappropriate material, please.

Furthermore...you haven't answered my question. I posted "the list" from 1 Corinthians 6 and Revelation 21...and you're "stuck on adultery." I didn't even bring that one up! It's easy to rail on adultery...but if you're intellectually honest, you will admit that fear and coveting are in that list as well. But you won't deal with those, because it will mess up your argument.

Face it, Bob: when you come up with a list of "sins Christians can't commit," you are going to run into problems.

14. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

No. Of course not. But it doesn't mean they are unsaved. We have instructions in the Bible to deal with things like this in the church. That is what we have to follow. But, we also have a responsibility to guide that sinner back to obedience to God. If they are unwilling, then discipline must take place.

The Law wasn't done away with. It was fulfilled.

Matthew 5:17
    “Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill.

We cannot fulfill the Law and all it's requirements as Christ made clear when He said that we even sin in our thoughts. He has met all the requirements for us. We receive it through faith.

15. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

So, attack the messenger, but it won't work. You put trashed removed, but what if you decided to hit on you neighbor's wife, Jesus dwells within us, so what do you do with Jesus. That is the question "what do you do with Jesus".
    Scripture says, I will put my laws in their heart and write them in their minds. So, the list is there. Face it!!
    What makes you any different than a rapist, killer, if you still do those things. Why are you so special that you can do those things and they are not held against you??

BBob,

16. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. - 1 John 1:8

17. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Hebrew 10;
    8: Above when he said, Sacrifice and offering and burnt offerings and offering for sin thou wouldest not, neither hadst pleasure therein; which are offered by the law;
    9: Then said he, Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. He taketh away the first, that he may establish the second.
    10: By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

Romans 8:

1: There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
    2: For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.
    3: For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:
    4: That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit

I think you fail to understand why Christ really came. If the Law was not "weak" so as David did commit adultery, then there would been no reason for Christ to come.

BBob,

#177 Brother Bob, Mar 2, 2008
  18. charles_creech78

Amen brother Bob.

19. Outsider

Outsider New Member

Just curious, what are the sins a person can commit and not go to hell?
    The only sin that I find is unbelief.

We sometimes get caught up into going to opposite extremes to prove a point. I don't feel anyone on this forum actually believes we have a liscense to sin but we will insinuate thats what the other is saying if it helps our cause.

Also, when we are born again, we have the Spirit of God in us. If that keeps us from the ability to do those things then the apostles waisted a lot of ink telling us how we should live. If having the Spirit of God in us keeps us from sin, there is no need to instruct us on what we should keep from.
    I read and believe that Christ never committed a single sin. That would mean we would not either. I wonder if anyone is bold enough to say that since you were saved, you never committed sin?

20. charles_creech78

Re 22:11 He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still. Re 22:12 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his WORK shall be.

Re 22:13 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.

Re 22:14 Blessed are they that (DO) his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.Re 22:15 For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a LIE. HEY AMY HOW CAN YOU GUIDE A SINNER BACK WHEN YOUR SINNING YOUR SELF?

#180 charles_creech78, Mar 2, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.