1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Ferguson, MO

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Sapper Woody, Aug 14, 2014.

1. Jkdbuck76

Jkdbuck76 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

At the end of the day, the Officer is going to have to articulate to 12 jurors his choice/need to use lethal force.

2. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Says the pious troll.

3. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There are folk on both sides of issues such as this that are always ready to jump to the side they support.

I am deferring judgement until more is known on both sides of this tragedy. It is tragic for both the policeman and for the young man.

4. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He deserved to be shot because he was a suspect in a $50 robbery? Or because he didn't obey the police and move off the street onto the sidewalk?

Wow. You are really out of line here.

5. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We do not know that he got what he deserved.

We do not know that he was shot over a 50 robbery.

We do not know that he was shot because he did not move off of the street and on to the sidewalk.

We just do not know all the facts yet.

6. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

He deserved to be shot because he was a common thug and a drain on society.

7. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is not a position anyone should support. I certainly do not.

8. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm pretty sure that it's safe to say that he did not deserve to die for whatever it turns out he did.

That is correct.

9. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Into the killfile for thee.

10. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

The irony...

11. Sapper Woody

Sapper Woody Well-Known Member

That is a horrible statement, and I'm all for the death penalty.

12. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Yikes! Is this Body of Christ become Body of the Devil day or something? A handful of yall need to reel it in or go post on a board where folks don't expect to see the love of Christ coming forth.

13. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Even more WOW! smh

14. Jkdbuck76

Jkdbuck76 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

The punishment should fit the crime. Innocent until proven guilty.

But I'm GLAD Al Sharpton is there to bring unity, calm and peace to the situation. This country can't survive without him. You all know he spent DECADES in Ferguson turning the place around and caring about the people there. Al isn't some Johnny Come Lately trying to suck up all the free media attention. Thanks, Reverend Al! You're the BEST!

15. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Special report: Msm whitewash of police state exposed

Sheriff's Dept. claims SWAT teams helped journalists by gassing and firing rubber bullets at them.

http://www.infowars.com/special-report-msm-whitewash-of-police-state-exposed/

New footage of the St. Charles Co., Missouri, SWAT team attacking an Al-Jazeera America news crew in Ferguson further exposes the sheriff’s department as liars for falsely claiming the SWAT officers were “assisting the media” when in fact they shot at reporters who identified themselves as press.

After previous footage of the attack went viral across the globe, the St. Charles County Sheriff’s Department responded by stating that “SWAT team officers were assisting the media in moving their camera equipment and media personnel to a safer area with their consent so that they could continue to cover the event.”

But as this new footage reveals, the SWAT team was intentionally shooting the news crew after they identified themselves as press and the sheriff’s dept. lied about it in an attempted cover-up.

Additionally, the sheriff’s dept. also claimed Al-Jazeera America “thanked their officers,” yet this video also shows the SWAT team never attempted to talk to the reporters.

http://www.infowars.com/new-video-of-swat-team-attack-on-al-jazeera-in-ferguson-you-havent-seen/

#75 poncho, Aug 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2014
  16. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Now that I've read more, I have no opinion. The eyewitness account I watched sounds like the mix of truth and untruths I hear from teens, but teens will also tell "dumb lies" to cover up smaller things, not realizing it can hurt the big picture and the small ones are easiest to uncover.
    Then it sounds like the police went all Rambo regardless. Not just in neutralizing a threat, if that turns out to be the case, but with media. That part worries me more than the rest - when you want to hide public actions from the public, you're not about to do something right. Otoh, nobody seems to grasp that there is no perfect way of doing things, and imperfection leads to getting sued and fired in this very public world, so perhaps it is somewhat of a valid concern.

How confusing and sad. I wish the world wasn't like this.

17. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

18. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

What a horrible statement for anyone to make. You sir, have no place in this, or any discussion.

This neither a Christian view, nor a humane view.

19. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

The camo is a good idea. You want to be sure to blend in with desert terrain when trying to calm riotous crowds in small town America.

20. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Certainly there will continue to be more information provided as this situation works itself out.

Michael Brown is no saint, but he did not deserve to be shot down in the street.

Regardless of his involvement in a misdemeanor a bit earlier, Brown's life should not have ended at the end of an officer's firearm. If you believe that Brown should have died because he stole some cigars, then I hope you never get pulled over for speeding.

We must not attempt to venerate Michael Brown, but we shouldn't rejoice in his passing. The resulting police actions also require a response. Brown is, for so many of us, a sad reminder of how far we all have to go to make our society truly free and equal.